OT-Home from the ER

pittgal08
on 7/7/12 2:49 pm
Well, after two weeks of extreme lower back spasms I finally had to break down, and do something about it. My back constantly feels like it's on the edge of a charlie horse. If I even move a fraction of an inch it spasms. If you've ever lived with constant pain you know that when you are experiencing pain you just try to mentally pu**** away, and hope that it will improve.
Today, I tried to get up off my couch, and I almost fainted. I felt like I was blacking out from the pain. So, I called my PCP, and talked to the dr on call. He said to go on in the ER.
Well, after 6 hrs they think it's "just" that my weight is causing my spasms. I actually expected that, but I burst into tears because I had been keeping it at bay for two weeks. I thought that they would not be able to do anything about it, and I would just have to live with it till I lost more weight. Well, I do have to live with it, but they gave me three shots of something ha. One I know was a liquid valium, and within a few minutes the spasms had stopped. I'm still uncomfortable, but I can absolutely live with that compared to what it was. They did give me a script for valium, which is supposed to help stop muscle spasms. So, we'll see.  Hopefully I'll finally be able to get some good rest tonight. Thanx for letting me share.  Talk to ya tomorrow, well, later today ha. Nighty night!

Reel
on 7/7/12 4:07 pm
Most times they give Flexeril for muscle spasms. I suppose any relaxant can work though. I hope you feel better. 

fireflymkz76
on 7/7/12 5:00 pm - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
I used to have bad muscle and nerve spasms after my accident and they gave me lyrica
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
pittgal08
on 7/8/12 1:43 am
I thought valium was kind of weird too, but thankfully I do feel better today. The dr was really cute he was a young guy, and looked like his white coat was swallowing him whole ha. He said, "unfortunately I can't make the pain go away completely. Well at least unless I knock you out." LOL It is better today. It's to a manageable level so I'm excited about that. Thank you guys for sharing.

Marianne G.
on 7/8/12 5:25 am
It's amazing how pain can just take over your life.  You can't concentrate on anything and trying to distract yourself is next to impossible.  I hope you're feeling better soon! 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 282 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views