Sort of getting scared

Heidi T.
on 7/9/12 10:50 am
RNY on 01/31/12
Well I am comming up on my 6mth post op with my doc and I am getting scared. My appointment is on July 31 however, the doc wanted me to be at 250 when I saw him for this appointment. Well I am at 275 (111lbs down from highest weight). I feel like I am doing great, however, I am not close to the number he wanted me at. I am in yet another stall, inches are falling off, yet pounds are staying stuck. I am eating between 600-800 cals per day (nuts advice) and have been picking up my exercise slowly. I am upto 20 mins on the treadmill (1mile) 45 mins on the elecptical 2.5miles and 20 min on the bike 2 miles. If I can I am also doing the Arc for 15 mins. I burn about 650 cals working out, I also go swimming and chase around my little one. I am not sure why I have not lost more. I dont want the surgeon to be disappointed in me. I am trying right now I am really into faux italians and am eating them 2x's a day along with protein shakes getting in all of my fluids. I just did my labs today we will see how that goes.

On a second note, saw my mother today (UGGHHH) and after I told her that the one side effect that bothers me from surgery is the hair loss, she comments on how thin my hair looks. She also asks again ten mins later how long it will be before my hair grows in. Granted I have lost alot of hair, the hair loss is slowing down now, I am assuming that I will have new growth. I just feel like people hav to think before they speak. My mom did it twice today once with the hair and then with my shirt. First saying that it looked huge on me then when standing outside of the car the wind blew and she looked at me and said man your stomach is still fat..  Got to love it, no mom I am no perfect, still have over 50lbs to loose, yet I am working on me. I am just going to keep working its all that I can do. Sorry for the rant. 

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
poet_kelly
on 7/9/12 10:57 am - OH
I really think 600 calories is too little for someone six months out, especially if you're exercising that much.  Talk to your surgeon about that.

Why are you scared about not reaching the goal he set for you by six months out?  He should not be disappointed in you.  You've been following the plan you were given and you've lost a lot of weight!  He should be pleased.  Anyway, it's not your responsibility to please him or keep him from being disappointed.  He is responsible for his own feelings.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Heidi T.
on 7/9/12 1:16 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
 Thank you Kelly, I just really dont want to disappoint him at all, I feel like he gave me a second chance for life. I want to make him proud, as well as myself.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Zeigled
on 7/9/12 11:20 am - Parkton, MD
I think you're doing extremely well!  Your doc should be very happy with your progress.  Your following your nut's advice and you are exercising and increasing your exercise.  Keep it up!!
HW 357 SW 341   

donitta
on 7/9/12 11:29 am - OR
RNY on 05/15/12
What are faux Italians?
HW - 317; SW - 298; CW - 260              
Heidi T.
on 7/9/12 1:15 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
 I take ham, cheese, tomatoe, green peppers and roll them up in pickles, yummy.  If i want a bit of bread I place it in a small pita bread (90 calories for the whole thing, I only do half). All the taste of an italian no guilt. Yummy really does wonders for me wanting to crunch.

rny 1/30/12              
abby04276
on 7/9/12 12:09 pm
That just sucks about what your mom said. You've come so far and to hear that is awful. You are doing a fabulous job. You've lost over 100lbs in 6 months..that's quite an accomplishment. I went for my 6 months  a couple weeks ago. I saw Dr. BAng( I like him best) He just told me what % of excess body weight I've lost and said keep up the good work. I would assumng if anyone would be mean it would be the NUT. (the short stocky one) So just be prepared and hope you get the other one..lol. They are also going to bump you up to 800-1000 calories.You may lose more eating more. Good luck and keep up the good work!!!
Heidi T.
on 7/9/12 1:13 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
 Thanks, I have the option of opting out of the nut appointment because my insurance doesnt cover it (medicare) So I think that I will. lol.. I also go with my hubby to his appointments (he is 10days behind me) and I will get the info there, she can complain to him not me lol..

rny 1/30/12              
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 0 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics