On my way!

pittgal08
on 7/10/12 5:34 am

Well, had my first surgeon appt today. It went very well. It takes all morning. There were like 6 of us, and the leaders did an hour of explanation of the surgeries and insurance requirements. Then the nutritionist talked to us for about an hour about what life would be like post-op. Then we each met with the surgeon. Then I met one-on-one with the nutritionist.
So, the surgeon accepted me, but he does want me to lose 50 lbs. That is actually less than what I thought. I can absolutely do that.
One sad thing, my stupid scale at home isn't right. I thought I lost 41 lbs, and I've only lost 23 lbs!! That was very disappointing to see. :( That's ok though I will be fine.
So, all I have to do is lose the 50 lbs, do all the pre-op tests, and I can have surgery. At this point the ball is all in my court. I call to make the appointments for the tests so I will do that soon, and I will work hard at getting this 50 lbs off.
The nutritionist didn't really give me a specific diet to follow. She just wants me to eat sensibly, and work on the 50 lbs. If I can't do it on my own then she will give me a diet to follow.
So, I'm so very excited! I'm on my way!! YAY!!

Amelia L.
on 7/10/12 5:47 am
RNY on 08/20/12

Good luck on your journey!!

Missy A.
on 7/10/12 7:07 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
You can do it! Good luck.
Elizabeth G.
on 7/10/12 7:13 am - RI
RNY on 10/18/12

Awesome! Great luck to you!

pittgal08
on 7/11/12 4:56 am
Aww, thank you all so much! I'm so excited!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views