Anyone used Dr Clayton Frenzel for RNY?

brandi31cole
on 7/17/12 1:15 pm - arlington, TX
 I'm asking around to see if anyone used Dr Clayton Frenzel for their RNY? I asked about another surgeon and I'm so glad I did. Thanks for any input.
vickib_tx
on 7/17/12 1:47 pm - Kaufman, TX
I did not use Dr. Frenzel, but did use Barker Bariatric in the Forest Park Medical Ctr.   Dr. Charlotte Hodges, his partner,  did my RNY last Tuesday.  I have been very impressed with Dr. Barker's clinic.  Everything was clearly explained, handouts given to refer back too, and if I had a question I could call their office and my questions were answered. 

Hope this helps.
kyutzy
on 7/18/12 7:29 am - Arlington, TX
He spoke at one of my Support Groups.  Seemed knowledgeable.
I had a friend who had surgery by him.  She was very happy.  I haven't seen her in almost a year so don't know how her follow up is going.
I did see that he has a "Biggest Loser" contestant doing a comercial for him.  (Not that that means anything) 
ktattwu
on 10/26/12 5:10 am - Vancouver, WA
RNY on 11/07/12

Dr. Frenzel is my surgeon and I am so glad i chose him.  I originally visited Dr. Barker's clinic but was scared away.  Perhaps the fact I come from a family of doctors has translated into a higher expectation of care for me.  When I met with Dr. Barker I only saw him for about 5 minutes (after waiting a very long time) and then was pushed on to his staff who did not know anything about my insurance requirements or how to find them.  I actually ended up telling them what was required and once they found out my uncle was the President of the Texas Medical Association they became very cheerful and told me I should just have him sign off saying I had completed all of the requirements so I can get my surgery date set as fast as possible.

From the moment I called Dr. Frenzel's office, I was greeted by a sweet person who scheduled me for a consultation with the doctor.  His assistants have had WLS themselves so they know what you're going through.  My initial meeting with the doctor was very lengthy where he discussed all the different surgical options he performs and explained success rates and everything to me.  He even drew diagrams for me to look and refer to when I asked questions.

So far in the process I have been very pleased and am looking forward to my surgery date (less than two weeks out).  And what's even more exciting is I will be able to visit with Dr. Frenzel once my goal weight is achieved to have excess skin removed!

Hope this helps!! 

-Katie

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics