Update:Took all day, but home from the hospital!

CindyKae64
on 7/19/12 1:39 pm
RNY on 05/22/12
So, as I mentioned in an earlier post I had a major pain in the night after taking a sip of water. My surgeon had me come in because he thought I might have a perferated ulcer. But thankfully the CT and the Scope both showed this was not the case. I also do not have a hernia or any form of an ulcer, however the surgeon wants to see me in a week for a follow up to see how things go this next week. So for now I am taking a step backwards in my eating and going back to soft foods (probably more liquids than anything), just to make sure whatever this is has a chance to pass and my pouch has a chance to heal from this.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

Cherokeesage
on 7/19/12 1:50 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
Do you take Prilosec, Nexium or anything similar?  I get pain in the lower esophagus and stomach without the Nexium.  The Dr has me take liquid Carafate when Nexium isn't enough. 

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Samantha L.
on 7/19/12 2:09 pm - Petaluma, CA
 Gosh.. I am so sorry to hear that!  I'm glad that you're ok, though!!   Good luck.  

Btrue2u
on 7/19/12 5:22 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Here is to a better week ahead and going back a step isn't necessarily a bad thing it just mean you need more time to heal listen to your body

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Sherry T.
on 7/20/12 1:08 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Cindy,  I may have asked before but how much weight did you lose pre-op?   We had surgery on the same day and I know it's not right to compare but just curious for my own knowing.....my losses has been slow....lose a little then a week or two nothing.....lose a little....the nothing....lol you get the point...so i am curious.   Thank you!!!  Sherry  ps...I am down 47 total and 30 since surgery.  
CindyKae64
on 7/20/12 1:57 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Our numbers are very close, on my surgery day I was down 40 from 4 weeks of pre-op diet. As of last Monday (I weight weekly) I was down 29 since surgery. I sometimes feel like I have been losing slow since surgery, but at just under 2 months out I have lost approx. 15lbs a month and in reality that is not slow, so I would say you are not losing slow either. However I understand those feelings and the frustration because I have them too!!!

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

CindyKae64
on 7/20/12 2:00 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Thank you everyone! I am just grateful there was nothing wrong! The Dr. has had me on prevacid since surgery, I go see him again in a week so we will see how things are going then. I think it may have been a matter of me being half asleep and not paying attention to what I was doing when I was drinking water during the night, maybe I drank it too fast or gulped and cause too much air I don't know but lesson learned to pay attention to what I am doing, even in the middle of the night.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views