Big Pouch Days???

jdragr
on 7/21/12 11:15 am - AL
RNY on 02/09/12 with
 I still consider myself a newbie.  I had my RNY 2/7/12 so I am almost at 6 months out.  I have lost 84 lbs so I think I am doing pretty well.  I have some days where I have to remind myself to eat.  Then I have some days where I want to eat more.  I eat a portion that should make me full but I still fill hungry.  Anyone else have this issue?
SW 296

Ladytazz
on 7/21/12 11:25 am
Yeah, I'm getting used to it.  One day a popcicle fills me up and the next days nothing does.  On those days I allow myself a bit more but I make sure I know when to cut myself off.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

courtwillbehealthy
on 7/21/12 11:59 am - burlington, VT
 im only going on 7 weeks on monday. but yes i do. one day i can only get 1 oz down and others i can get 4 its crazy. :) and Congrats on the weight loss!!! :) 
dasie
on 7/21/12 9:36 pm
That is one of the unusual aspects of this journey.  On some days I marvel at the restriction I have and other days I can't seem to fill myself up.  I have learned a few things that work well for me. 

1.  The longer I wait to eat after drinking something the better my restriction.
2.  The longer I wait to eat in the day the better my restriction.
3.  I always start my day with a shake then yogurt a few hours later.  When I eat something more substantial it seems to set me up for a day where I eat more than usual.
4.  The wrong kind of carbs always increase my appetite.
5.  I try to eat higher  glycemic foods at the end of the day otherwise my appetite is increased if I eat those foods earlier in the day:  watermelon, banana, other fruits, etc. 

On days when I struggle with portion size I always try to reflect and consider if it is smething I did/ate and if there is something I could do differently.

Sheri W.
on 7/21/12 11:56 pm - Kansas City, MO
When I have those days that I feel I can eat more it reminds me that I need to measure my food so I won't go overboard.
LJ1972
on 7/22/12 1:47 am - FL
welcome to my life!
Measure, distract yourself, stay busy and when the munch monster is too strong, make good choices, dense foods with lower calories.
jdragr
on 7/22/12 3:59 am - AL
RNY on 02/09/12 with
Thanks...glad to hear that I am not alone. Last night drank some decaf coffee and that seemed to do it. It is just frustrating on the days when I know I shouldn't be hungry and I still am.
SW 296

Marilyn101
on 7/24/12 3:20 am - FL
As you can see from the response's this is something most if not all of us straggle with. You are not alone.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 385 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 170 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics