Has anyone ever cheated on pre op diet? :/

Beachywaves22
on 7/21/12 11:35 am
RNY on 07/30/12
 I'm starving and need to eat something! I know this is bad because it's only day 2. Any advice? Or anything I could eat?
Lady Lithia
on 7/21/12 11:37 am
Many have.

But I wouldn't do it.

If you have cucumber, gnaw on that or iceburg lettuce (no dressing) something that is less caloric

I would keep in mind the prize at the end of the road.... you'll have to spend your life being compliant to the rules, don't fall at the first hurdle.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

poet_kelly
on 7/21/12 11:37 am - OH
Sure, some people do.  That doesn't mean you should, of course.

You could eat anything you want.  Who is going to stop you?  But if you mean is there anything you should eat, well, you should eat whatever is on your surgeon's plan for the pre op diet.

Yes, it's hard.  You can do hard things.  Lots of us have done a pre op diet and we lived through it.  You can too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lilbillsmom
on 7/21/12 11:48 am - TX
RNY on 07/30/12
I am on day 6 of pre op diet.  It is hard, but cheating hurts you...no one else...If your liver has not shrank enough, my Dr. reschedules surgery....

Learning to eat to live, NOT living to eat....    
Lady Lithia
on 7/21/12 11:57 am
I've heard of times when the surgeon's pre-op liver-shrinking diet is cheated on, andd the doc makes all the incisions, and takes a look-see.... and he sees a very fatty liver and realizes that there's no way to do the surgery. So he closes you up. You have four or five incisions, and no weight loss surgery because it is not safe.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

JaneJetson
on 7/21/12 12:29 pm
RNY on 05/07/12
 Ok, tell us what your plan is that you are doing right now.  is it all clear liquids? Solid liquids? Alot of us didn't have to be on a liquid diet prior to surgery, but that is OUR doctor's protocol.  
Beachywaves22
on 7/21/12 1:01 pm
RNY on 07/30/12
 I am on a liquid only diet. So protein drinks, broth, SF pudding, Sf popsicles etc. 
Dave Chambers
on 7/21/12 12:55 pm - Mira Loma, CA
One MAJOR reason for a preop diet is to reduce fatty liver deposits. If your liver has too much fatty tissue, it's very difficult for the surgeon to do the LAP procedure. I remember I got a surprise in the operating room when I had my RNY. I had to sign a waiver for the surgeon that basically stated that I was expecting the LAP procedure, but if "conditions warranted", I authorized the OPEN procedure.  I'd lost a little over 25 pounds on my preop diet, so I really wasn't worried. But not adhering to preop dietary guidelines may leave you with a big scar and weeks of unneeded pain.  My advice. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

garnetgal
on 7/21/12 1:01 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
The times I cheated it was with protein. Eggs, lean steak, or fish. This was what my eating therapist had suggested.

Beachywaves22
on 7/21/12 1:02 pm
RNY on 07/30/12
 I'm wondering if just a grilled piece of chicken would be ok?
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 421 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 507 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 489 views