When were you told about a pre-op diet???

icnside
on 7/28/12 8:24 am - Chesapeake, VA
I did not have a pre-op diet and was very happy about it!!! It was great. I had a very smooth surgery and so far no issues other that the nausea from my ketosis. You should ask if there will be one - just give the office a call!

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 7/28/12 8:26 am, edited 7/28/12 8:26 am - IN
 I did not have any pre-op diet until the night before surgery.   I had a light breakfast, full liquid lunch, and clear liquid dinner.  Not everyone is put on a special diet prior to surgery.  I had no problems whatsoever.  I had a scopalimine patch on when I woke up from surgery to help with nausea.  I had one dose of zofran a few hours after surgery when I thought I would be sick. But it passed really quickly. I was  up walking about 3 hours after surgery started.
~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
SarahLee1969
on 7/28/12 10:10 am - NY
I was told at my one on one apt with surgeon by both his nusing staff that assist with the eval, as well as the surgeon... this was in April and my surgery is scheduled for August 9th. It was also sent to me in writing with my preop apts for psych, nut, and primary for surgical clearance. The letter included a list of all the meds and vitamins/supplements I needed to stop a minimum of 30 days pre-op... like NSAIDS,fish oil, hormonal birth control.I only have a 3day liquid diet, so it is no where as challenging as some people go thru with 2-4 weeks of liquids!
I would call to check, just so you are sure
Sherrie P.
on 7/28/12 11:10 am
RNY on 02/06/13
Thanks for all the great responses.

I will ask for sure when the call me to discuss further appointments, etc.

I don't carry my weight in my abdomen, it is buttastic ... ;)  Maybe that will help!!  Now if he had to find organs in my butt, I would be in serious trouble.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Jen V.
on 7/31/12 5:40 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12
 I did not have any nutrition classes. I found out 3 days before I had to start it, which was 17 days before surgery. I was not happy to find out that late in the game. I founf this website after that, so I was not at all prepared for it.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views