Surgery Date!!!!!

brandi31cole
on 7/26/12 9:29 pm - arlington, TX
      I've been approved by my insurance and I have my sugery date!!! It's August 8th!! I'm getting SO nervous, kind of second guessing my decision. I don't want to fail! My husband is liike, " You went from 437 lbs. to 280 lbs. by dieting and didn't put it back on in a 10 year period, so you will do fine." I'm so thankful he's so supportive. I have a 3 year old son that I've never been able to play with, SO I'm looking forward to that in a month or so. 
     For all the people out there with CIGNA, make sure your PCP writes your surgery is NECESSARY NOT RECOMMENDED. I was denied because my PCP wrote recommended, so she had to write the letter over and I was approved 5 minutes after CIGNA received the fax. The doctor on the precertification board said that CIGNA changed their guidelines regarding the letter of medical clearance, so it has to be more specific. It only took 5 business days for my approval and my insurance covers it 100%, so I can't complain.
Turtle Lynn
on 7/26/12 9:33 pm - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Congrats on your surgery date!!!!! 

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Rabrijumo
on 7/26/12 10:35 pm - DC
RNY on 09/25/12 with
 Congrats is it weird that I got my date but I haven't been officially approved by my insurance they are submitting and I guess they are confident it will be approved.
 Rachael
http://rabrijumo.blogspot.com/    
CarolinaKelly
on 7/26/12 11:31 pm - NC
RNY on 08/29/12
Awesome news!
Greenhug
on 7/27/12 12:12 am
 I am new here. I just read your post and I am so happy for you!

I just got the call on Monday, July 23rd that I was approved (only took 3 day for Highmark BCBS after request was faxed over) My surgery date is August 29th at Cleveland Clinic. 
Good luck and wishing you continued success!
Alvina300
on 7/27/12 1:22 am - Canada
Congrats, my surgery is same day in Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Good luck
Alvina
brandi31cole
on 7/27/12 12:21 am - arlington, TX
   Thanks everyone! I'm glad I could come on here and share my good news with y'all  I'm very hesitant to share it with the people I know because I don't want ANY negativity! I'm very impressionable, so if someone thinks I shouldn't do it they will sway me. Anyways, I'm SO happy!
  I actually had my surgery date before I was approved, too. I didn't want to tell anyone untill it was approved. 
  Congratulations to all of you who are scheduled for surgery in the next month. I wish you all best of luck and success 
mg220
on 7/29/12 1:04 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
Congrats on your upcoming surgery date! I am having my surgery on August 8th as well and weigh about what you weigh. I am excited for this journey, have def had second thoughts as well but just cant imagine continuing to go on living life like this. Your going to do fine - youve lost so much weight already you should have confidence in yourself! Best of luck to you! See you on the loosers bench!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 562 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 551 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics