4 years out and having a small issue

Ginger L.
on 8/7/12 2:51 am - Woodstock, GA
OK all you old timers... Let me have it.  I havent been on here in a while.  Im out 4 years now and have lots half my body weight and maintained it for the last 3 years!  I am rocking a 10 lb window now and pushed the scales over to 12 lbs over my lowest weight.  ITS making me insaine!!!   I feel miserable and dont want it to get out of control.  I know all the things Im not suppose to do and all the things i am but need to be beat up alittle.  Heres your chance to bash on someone and it will be welcomed!!   Thanks!! 

Starting Weight: 325;  Pre Surgery Weight: 314

msromagnola
on 8/7/12 3:37 am
Ok - let's beat each other up.  I'm up about 3 to 5 pounds from my lowest.  Here are my problems - eating that extra bit even though I'm satisfied; drinking a full glass of wine versus a 1/2; eating a piece of dessert versus a bite; eating a piece of bread versus a bite.  I have to take control of them. 

I read something the other day that went like this - it's hard to lose weight; it's hard to maintain weight, but it's hardest being obese.  I thought, that's it.  Nobody told me this would be easy!  and I'm giving myself a good beating.

MSROMAGNOLA
jmjm55077
on 8/7/12 5:11 am - MN
Nicely said..."it's hardest being obese"...I think we rely on our scales too much...be happy and healthly first...then weigh in...ten pounds one way or another isn't a deal breaker on health...but being obese is so remember how far you can, how much better you feel and look, how much more active and normal you live...and celebrate!
jane   

Ginger L.
on 8/7/12 4:15 am - Woodstock, GA
I like the share in the beating thing.. LOL  Makes me not feel soo alone.  My 10 lb window has always fluxed but over the 10 lb oh man... Its killing me although it only be 2 more lbs.  RRRRRR  I have unfortunatly learned to snack.  Gold fish are NO longer allowed in my house althought my 3 year old grandson doesnt like this idea!!  LOL  More Water for me from now on instead of my half and half tea for sure!!  And No more toast in the am!  So hopefully I can get my boody back on track.  I dont like this feeling and I refuse to let it go any higher!!!! 

KittenLove
on 8/7/12 4:31 am - Around Knoxville, TN
No beating up here, sister.

I'm four years out, too, (just a few weeks behind you) and I found myself 148-150 (goal was 140) and I had to have a talk with myself. Decide what I wanted and being realistic.

I got the My Fitness Pal app and cleaned up my eating (quality) and cut out alcohol. It's been so hard mentally but I love seeing the numbers play out on teh app and today, 6-7 weeks from my decision, and I weighed at 140.3.

You can do it.

Be happy. 

Ginger L.
on 8/7/12 4:34 am - Woodstock, GA
Well now that you mention it I have been partaking in a little wine lately.  Not much but maybe enough to push me over the top.  Hummm....  thanks!!   And Congrats!!! 

Ginger L.
on 8/8/12 3:02 am - Woodstock, GA
Yesterday and today have been much better.  When I wanted to snack I grabed lemon water!  O how I have got to get back into those good habits again!!    I can do it I can do it!!  Im telling myself that NO food taste as good as thin feels!!!!!  O yea I remember NOW.  I dont wanna EVER BE back there again!!!!   Water water water!!   Yes yes yes.    

msromagnola
on 8/8/12 3:47 am
I enjoyed reading all of our posts.

For me, it is the little things that push me over into TOO many calories.  Thanks for bringing up the topic.  You 4 year people getting yourself back on track while it's manageable - you are my heroes!

MSROMAGNOLA
Ginger L.
on 8/8/12 4:30 am - Woodstock, GA
Awww I like being a hero.  :-)  We are all in this together and we all need to lean on someone from time to time!   Its never easy... WE just have to never give up!!!  Whether it be eatting habits, exercise habits or just working on our heads!   We all have different issues and have to keep looking back to remember where we came from and continue to move forward to our new happy health lives~~ After all isnt that Y we went through hell to get to where we are.. LOL     

Most Active
Recent Topics