New Surgeon and New Surgery Date!!

brandi31cole
on 8/10/12 5:01 pm, edited 8/10/12 5:03 pm - arlington, TX
 After having my surgery scheduled for August 8th, then changing the date to August 15th, THEN cancelling surgery with my surgeon all together, I've finally found a surgeon and have a surgery date!!! I ABSOLUTELY love Dr. Sina Matin and his staff!! They are absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! After reading the reviews about him, I was a little scared to meet him, but he was SO nice. He cracked jokes and put me totally at ease, he didn't reprimand me for letting myself get to this size. My surgery date for RNY is September 10th! I'm SO excited, nervous, scared, and a whole lot of other things  
ready2be140
on 8/10/12 6:21 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 Good for you!  It is stressful to switch doctors  my sister just did that and was a little upset through the process, but once she found her new doctor-loved her...so I think sometimes these types of situations are just meant to be!  Good luck with your surgery!!
GraceGirl
on 8/10/12 7:11 pm
Awesome...Glad u are so happy with the new surgeon!!! You have to be so confient in your team!!

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

brandi31cole
on 8/10/12 8:39 pm - arlington, TX
 Thanks for your support! I'm glad there are people on here that understand me even when my family doesn't. They all just thought I was surgeon hopping, but I NEEDED to feel CONNECTED and CONFIDENT in my surgeon and I finally have that. I also needed the after care that THIS surgeon offers and the one on one tailored meal planning that his RD offers. I was going into this blindly and NOW I have the necessary information to help me be successful. Anyways, its nice to come on here and share with total strangers what I can't share with people I've known my whole life.
GraceGirl
on 8/10/12 8:47 pm
Its great to feel so confident! I felt the same way. My seminar featured both surgeons at my center, 1 I thought was a jerk, When he spoke all I could hear was I fix fat people ( now he didn't actually say it, but he attitude did. The other surgeon was so kind when he spoke, it was like he knew how hard our struggle is and was like we can help you... such a difference in my opinion. Loved the Dr I picked. He obviously is a surgeon so he is pretty quick...but the time he does spend he is 100% in tune to what is going on. Very good experience I had.... You will be so much more at ease now.
I'm sorry your family isn't supporting you as much as you need. My husband was too worried when I first brought it up...after the seminar he was better and as we researched more he was very supportive, Our families worry, we need to educate them. people only hear the horror stories, never hear of all the success that people do have.
I wish you luck, Try not to  worry you made the best choice for YOU and that's what important ;)

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views