2 month lab results? Normal?

brandymc24
on 8/10/12 7:07 pm - CA
RNY on 06/07/12
 So my 2 month labs were a methylmalonic acid and vitamin b1. My b1 is not back yet but today I got my methylmalonic acid and it was 133. Normal lab result is 87-318. I am taking 2500 mcg three times a week. Any one out there no if this result is ok? Kelly?

poet_kelly
on 8/10/12 8:08 pm - OH
If it's in the reference range listed on the lab report, it's probably OK.  I'm not really familiar with that test, I had to look it up.  Do you know why they ordered it?  I assume you mean you are taking 2500 mcg B12 three times a week, but why did you get the methylmalonic acid checked instead of just getting a B12 level?

And why did you just get these two labs done?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

wmamey
on 8/10/12 9:40 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
Not sure why this test was ordered? It is not one of the usual tests after RNY. Did you have other labs done? Seems like alot is missing.
But like Kelly said if the result is in the reference range then it is probably ok.

brandymc24
on 8/11/12 7:39 am - CA
RNY on 06/07/12
the doc said that this test is more accurate to see were my b12 was? My 1 month labs were a CBC and CMP, which were normal. My 2 month was this test and thiamine, and my 3 month is CBC,CMP,serum iron,TSH,T4,Thiamine,methylmalonic acid, PTH,Vit D.

The doc did say with the methylmalonic acid i could take at any time even if i had my b12 already and it wouldnt effect the test, that it was somehow like how  the Hemoglobin A1C checkes glucose?

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 233 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 63 views
Recent Topics