Don't like Greek Yogurt?

Erika P.
on 8/11/12 5:19 pm - Birch Run, MI
 I mixed mine w/ regular yogurt and it's ok! Well it wasn't "regular" yogurt it was light n fit...purple container....forget the brand but hope this helps someone :)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/11/12 5:28 pm - OH
That is what I did until I found a Greek yogurt that I liked all by itself.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Erika P.
on 8/11/12 5:28 pm - Birch Run, MI
 Which one did you find that you liked?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/11/12 5:38 pm - OH
I like the Oikos vanilla (NOT the plain!) and several of the Chobani ones (I add just a touch of Stevia to them).  My favorite one is the cinnamon apple (I go through 6 of these every week), but I also like the pineapple and strawberry, and get the peach, blood orange or black cherry occasionally for variety.

Lora

ddematteis
on 8/11/12 5:43 pm - FL
 theres not to much sugar in the flavored ones for you? my nut said that i should be able to eat anything with less than 20grams of carbs (sugar included) but that sound like a lot to me.....
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/11/12 5:51 pm - OH
Keep in mind that much of the sugar in yogurt is the natural sugar from the milk; only some of it is added sugar or sugar from the fruit.  As with anything that you have any concern about the sugar level of, try just a small amount at first.

Lora

Erika P.
on 8/11/12 6:04 pm - Birch Run, MI
 I seen some of those, but the sugar content was high...should be able to handle that? I'm so confused..

Kat1313
on 8/11/12 5:54 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
That's good to hear!  I like the Chobani yogurt with fruit but was afraid it had way too many carbs.
Kermit P.
on 8/11/12 7:18 pm
I hated greek yogurt until I started adding Sugar Free Pudding mix in...My fave is white chocolate...sounds funny but is yummy! Eat it often in Fage greek yogurt...keep trying! I almost gave up on this (I also do not eat ones with fruit due to high sugars).

Good luck!
Hillery82211
on 8/11/12 7:40 pm - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
The sugar in yogurt is from the natural milk sugar (lactose).  When your nutritionists says "nothing with more than ___ g of sugar" they usually mean ADDED sugar (table sugar/surcorse) not natural sugar from milk/dairy, fruit and veggies.

When you read the food labels, don't just look at the stats, look at the ingredients as well.  That will tell you if the sugar is added (it will list sugar, high fructose corn syrup, cane sugar or some other sugar source) or if the sugar is natural. 

Some of this is stuff you will have to pick up as go you along...but you will...no worries.
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views