Stopped Losing So Soon???

Helena S
on 8/12/12 9:58 am - NJ

In 2 days I will be 3 weeks out. I haven't lost in 2 weeks now. What am I doing wrong? Is this even normal?

wendydettmer
on 8/12/12 9:59 am - Rochester, NY
very normal. your body is healing from major surgery. best thing to do is follow the plan you were given and try to ignore the scale. i know that's easier said then done. i used to want to hop on several times a day until i got rid of it and now i weigh in once a week on the Wii.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

wanttostartover
on 8/12/12 10:01 am - SC
I remember not losing for a few weeks soon after. before you know it, you start back losing and FAST.

misssparky
on 8/12/12 10:01 am - MO
 Your body is steal healing and reeling from the shock of all that was done during surgery.  You WILL lose some more soon, but give your body and nerves a chance to heal.  Keep following the doctors program and try to stay off of the scales but maybe once a week or so.  Trust in to WLS and in your doctor.  KAREN
Thank God for the wonderful gift of WLS.  Use it wisely as the tool it is meant to be and hold yourself accountable for the rest of the journey!!!

KAREN

Helena S
on 8/12/12 10:03 am - NJ
Thanks so much for responding. I was starting to think something was really wrong. I've been following the plan so I wasn't sure what else it could be.
acrespin1
on 8/12/12 10:14 am
RNY on 05/16/12
I'm 3 months out, so I'm still new at this too. But I didn't lose a dang pound during week 2 and 3. I worried that I would be the .001% that this surgery didn't work for. Thats not the case. I'm actually down 60+lbs since surgery. Trust me, it's totally normal. Your body is in shock, and it's trying to hold on to what it can for now. But it won't hold on long. I would also recommend only weighing in once a week. It feels so much better so see several pounds gone then watch it in ounces everyday!

Helena S
on 8/12/12 10:16 am - NJ
Ok so I'm not alone on this one lol...Thank you ladies :-)
RonSudol
on 8/12/12 3:39 pm - NJ
i went through this too..

i remember thinking "Did they even do anything to me?" lol

BTW, holla for Jersey :)

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

Lady Lithia
on 8/12/12 5:20 pm
Totally normal. I barely lost at all in week 2 ...and I didn't lose anything at all for weeks 3 through 8. I still got to goal. It's normal. The body needs to sort of take a moment to get its bearings. It's frustrating, but just follow teh plan and don't let the scale mess with you..

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Helena S
on 8/12/12 7:06 pm - NJ
Wow, weeks 3-8??? That's a long time. I could only imagine how frustrated you were. I really hope I start losing again soon.

YAY JERSEY!!!! I haven't seen anyone from Jersey on here. The worst thing about being from Jersey is we have the BEST bread and can't touch it. Grrrr. LOL
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 534 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 515 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 125 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics