Plateau - help!!

Kristina41
on 8/13/12 5:50 am
RNY on 06/26/12
Hello-
I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. My surgery was June 26 - and originally I was doing really well- I lost about 45 pounds very rapidly. And, trust me, I'm not complaining. But for about two or three weeks now I've been stuck at the same weight. Sometimes it creeps up a pound, sometimes down one. But I can't seem to move the scale.
I've started walking more rapidly than I was before. Unfortunately, I can't get to the gym until next month when school starts.
My protein falls between 50-70 grams. I am trying to get mostly protein in as well as some veggies. Please tell me, is this plateau normal? How can I break it??
Kristina

jewel-twin
on 8/13/12 7:01 am - Canada
Its normal... I would try upping your protein a little... Your doing great.
swampwoman
on 8/13/12 8:46 am - Hampton, NJ
Stay off the scale. It will make you crazy!!!
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
Dee.spunk
on 8/13/12 1:13 pm - Sacramento, CA
Sounds like you're doing fine. You don't lose every day or every week. You may even gain at some point, which is completely normal. If it bothers you that much, I'd weigh only once a week or once a month.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

soozieq
on 8/13/12 2:10 pm
I just came off a 2 week stall.  It can be very frustrating, but like I just told another poster a minute ago, STAY THE COURSE AND KEEP THE FAITH!!!    Boost your protein and are you drinking enough water?
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Kristina41
on 8/13/12 4:35 pm
RNY on 06/26/12
Thanks for your advice! I'm not sure I'm drinking enough water. It's hard to measure because I keep adding ice to my water - I have to have it ice cold. So I think I am because I look at the color  of my urine, but I'm not actually measuring. I will need to make more of an effort.
Thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully this stall will end soon.
Kristina

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/12 8:31 pm
RNY on 06/20/12
I know how you feel cause i had my surgery on the 20th of June and we both are feeling the
same way. last week i was down 201. now this week i'm up a pound. so i only weigh once a
week. on Fridays.  one person is right the scale will make you Crazy.
Kelly L.
on 8/14/12 9:02 pm - San Jacinto, CA
We all do that.. You are probably loosing inches as we speak... It will start again.. Give it a few more days. ANDDDD stay away from the scale lol.. It is evil

HW 274. CW 129

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??