Amusement Park & Learning About Myself

Gail S.
on 8/17/12 5:37 am - New York, NY
I always hated amusement parks. I hated the feelings I would have while waiting on line: Will I fit in the seat? Will the seat belt or safety bar close? I hated feeling like my fat was bubbling over the seats and if the ride went up high or turned over I hated feeling like I would fall out. The entire ride I would be racked with anxiety and just hating life.

The other day I took my nephew to an amusement park and excitedly waited on lines. I knew I would fit in the seat, the belt or bar would fit and I would not bubble over or fall out. Guess what I found out? I HATE rides! It had nothing to do with being overweight. I still hated going up high, turning over and feeling like I would fall. All these years I was going to parks with friends and hating it bc I was fat. Nope, I just hate it. I like my feet safely on the ground!

Jewelsstevens
on 8/17/12 6:33 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
Fantastic revelation! It makes me wonder what I fill discover about my own self.

Sheri W.
on 8/17/12 6:49 am - Kansas City, MO
I understand how you feel. I enjoy amusement parks but don't enjoy rides that go much faster than I can run or higher than I can jump. Makes for a boring amusement park partner but it is what it is. lol
Dee.spunk
on 8/17/12 8:41 am - Sacramento, CA
I'm planning on going this weekend. I wonder if I'll feel the same....

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/17/12 9:28 am - Baltimore, MD
I get weird dumping syndrome-like symptoms from rides.
SoCaPinkLady
on 8/17/12 12:35 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I love going on thriller Rides. I am so happy you learned something about yourself and was able to realize that your reasons were not what you thought they were. It's all a part of learning and growing as we continue our journey.

Lori                               

happy_baker
on 8/17/12 4:04 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
You know what I always hated? At a water park, when you have to climb way, way up to get to the top of the slides? If there was ever a line, and I was standing on a stairway, I always worried that the poor people behind me would be stuck standing there with my butt in their face, thinking, "Geez, tubby, how did you escape the aquarium?"

Husband and I took the Kiddo to Six Flags in June, and I totally didn't think that for a second. It was so refreshing to be able to walk around in a swimsuit and feel really confident.

...and yep, I'm with you. I like rides, but I'm always afraid I'm going to fall out or the car will jump the track or something. Yipes.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views