I contacted two Plastic Surgeon offices today..

Kelly L.
on 8/20/12 12:17 pm - San Jacinto, CA
 I am only about ten months out so it's pretty early but... OMG my " girls" need some serious help. Part of the trouble is my age and the rest of the trouble is the weight loss. I feel like I've gone from wearing a FAT suit to wearing a SKIN suit. There is no volume left inside the girls, none! I can't get a bra that will lift the skin.. It's just two empty skin sacks with nipples at the bottom.. Imagine my formerly 44ddd's deflated and hanging. 
I think the fact that I am still losing weight might be an issue but, I weigh 145 right now.. That is fifteen pounds below my goal, how much more can I possibly lose? The other thing is, how much of my current weight is excess skin? Ohhhh how I wish I could have a little lotto luck. Mamma needs a new pair of BOOBS!

HW 274. CW 129

poet_kelly
on 8/20/12 2:11 pm - OH
I think plastic surgeons usually advise you to wait until your weight is stable for at least six months before considering plastics.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kelly L.
on 8/20/12 2:16 pm - San Jacinto, CA
 I'm sure you are right.. But, at least I can get an idea of what is going to be involved and my insurance will pay for some of it so that ball needs to get rolling. Any suggestions about what I need to ask? 
On a side note, I'm ready for my weight to stabilize but I still have a LOT of food issues so I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon ( probably just jinxed myself lol)  I never know when/if food is going to work for me. Getting a little concerned about it to be honest.

HW 274. CW 129

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/20/12 2:29 pm - OH
How/why is insurance covering part of it?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Laura in Texas
on 8/20/12 3:17 pm
If it is truly just skin as you have described, most insurance companies will NOT consider this a reduction and will not cover it.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Kelly L.
on 8/20/12 3:29 pm - San Jacinto, CA
I have developed some skin issues..rashes and sores..because of the way my skin sits and I live in a very hot climate..my pcp and dermatologist are going to push for some surgical intervention as reconstructive not cosmetic. I have tricare insurance so ...it might cover it. I'm hopefull that it might work out to my advantage. If not...at least I will know WHAT needs to be done and...how much its gonna cost me. They will cover a panni but oddly my belly isn't causing me nearly the same issues as my breasts?

HW 274. CW 129

EAP-Fan
on 8/20/12 8:14 pm
Boy do I feel you, mine just hang  there. I went to victoria secret and got a wonder bra
I paid 48 bucks for that bra, never have I ever spent that kind of $ for the girlfriends,
It was a wonder, this bra pick up that skin and put them up where they belong.
As my daughter discribed to the sales girl, my mom needs a bra she can just
drop them into, how imbarassing to say the least. but it worked the girls
sit right up now! I use to wear a 40-42 DDD now I'm' a 34 DDD, and they just sit there
and gives me the apreance of having nice firm friends. Go try one on, The bra's they make now have the lifts on the bottom and sides, I got 2 bra's for 5 bucks each at rainbow's and they work pretty good, but I wanted a good one from VS. for a vacation I was going on. Hope you find good friends for your girls.
Good luck. 
Kelly L.
on 8/20/12 10:25 pm - San Jacinto, CA
On August 21, 2012 at 3:14 AM Pacific Time, EAP-Fan wrote:
Boy do I feel you, mine just hang  there. I went to victoria secret and got a wonder bra
I paid 48 bucks for that bra, never have I ever spent that kind of $ for the girlfriends,
It was a wonder, this bra pick up that skin and put them up where they belong.
As my daughter discribed to the sales girl, my mom needs a bra she can just
drop them into, how imbarassing to say the least. but it worked the girls
sit right up now! I use to wear a 40-42 DDD now I'm' a 34 DDD, and they just sit there
and gives me the apreance of having nice firm friends. Go try one on, The bra's they make now have the lifts on the bottom and sides, I got 2 bra's for 5 bucks each at rainbow's and they work pretty good, but I wanted a good one from VS. for a vacation I was going on. Hope you find good friends for your girls.
Good luck. 
 I actually got two bras from there.. But now the girls just won't stay in the cup. There is no tissue to cause the volume required to stay there :( it is the weirdest thing! You know the tool you apply to the end of a tube of toothpaste?? You roll the end up to squeeze ALL the toothpaste out with it? THAT'S WHAT I NEED FOR THE TA TA'S lol. I'm so serious. All I can do is laugh about it tho. There isn't much left to do. It's just so strange, the way they have collapsed, I never used to lose in that department, of course I was much younger then. Now, I'm on the lOooong side of forty many and it would appear I might have waited a little too long to help them out 

HW 274. CW 129

Most Active
Recent Topics