Seared Ahi Tuna

gtayl006
on 8/22/12 10:03 pm
OMG....so I went to dinner with a friend tonight and we had Seared Ahi Tuna (rare). It was so good. And what an AMAZING protein source.

This could be my new go to food item......

Sara L.
on 8/22/12 10:45 pm
I love Ahi!!!  It's very easy to come by here, there are always 5 or 6 different kinds of poke at the seafood counter in the grocery store. 

It's wonderful cubed with just a little aged balsamic vinaigrette....I love it all ways!  I don't even bother to sear it anymore.  I can get the sashimi grade at Costco very reasonably......I just have to find someone to share it with me because the Costco portion is pretty big.

It's my easy choice in a restaurant....as long as I ask them to hold the rice!!  Seared ahi salads are on most menus here, I hope you can find it where ever you go!

Sara in Maui

kimikim
on 8/22/12 11:52 pm - rockford, IL
 I am kinda far away, but I am willing to travel and share!! lol  I will ahve to check my local Sam's club!  No Costco here.  :-(

Kimi
kimikim
on 8/22/12 11:50 pm - rockford, IL
 Oh, Yes!!!  I love Ahi tuna and sushi.  I think I may have to go to tuna tomorrow!

Kimi
Neen L.
on 8/23/12 8:37 am - Arlington, VA
Delicious! I love tuna sashimi as well (no rice).

The rare ahi tuna is so good. Try crusting it with black pepper if you like a little kick. They had that at Wegman's a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views