throwing up episode (gross)

Melyssa S.
on 8/27/12 4:13 pm - Lauderhill, FL
RNY on 06/12/12
Last night I had eaten the same thing I had eaten the night before same amounts etc.. I felt fine after eating just a full feeling as I was watching the time for my 1 hour wait to drink water. As the time passed the fullness didn't go away as usual and I actually felt like it was stuck. After the hour passed it was so bad I found it hard to breath then my mouth kinda watered and this went on for another hour. Finally I realized I needed to get this out and stuck my finger down my throat . After throwing up several times (very little came up) I felt much better. I am 11 weeks out tomorrow and this is the first time it has happened to me. Is this normal? Also today I have been afraid to eat solids and have stuck with shakes and yogurts.  

HW 247 SW 224 GW 140                  
Winners never quit and quitters never win. Vince Lombardi

PamelaNJ
on 8/27/12 4:21 pm
You will have to pay close attention to when you are starting to feel full because the amount your pouch can hold will vary from day to day.  It sounds like you overfilled your pouch and I know that is an awful feeling!  Eat very slowly, chew everything really well, and stop eating BEFORE you are full.  Be thankful your pouch is working and helping you to eat less :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Working on becoming a healthier me!

owlisn
on 8/27/12 4:49 pm - NC
Early out, I threw up a lot.  My problem was usually not chewing well enough and eating too fast.  

The foamies are usually my first sign that something needs to come back up. I haven't experienced it in several months now.
Allison

Melyssa S.
on 8/27/12 4:58 pm - Lauderhill, FL
RNY on 06/12/12
 When people talk about foamies is that the thing your mouth does like watering?

HW 247 SW 224 GW 140                  

owlisn
on 8/27/12 5:00 pm - NC
Yes, it feels kinda like slime and it really doesn't stop until the offending food is up or down.
Allison

nfarris79
on 8/27/12 4:58 pm - Germantown, MD
 Yep, fomies and/or getting food stuck are very normal. Things will change - what bothered you one day will be fine the next and what amount was ok one day may just be too much the next. What a fun rollercoaster this is! It's good to give your pouch an easy day on liquids and go back slowly to solids. It'll get better!!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Melyssa S.
on 8/27/12 5:09 pm - Lauderhill, FL
RNY on 06/12/12
 Wow thanks everyone! I wasn't sure what it was. I really don't want that to happen again, but it sounds like it might based on the replies :(
Again thanks a bunch at least it is normal 

HW 247 SW 224 GW 140                  

tulips52
on 8/28/12 7:47 am
 I am 10 mths out and was getting too ****y with what I eat. I ate a pork chop cooked on the George Foreman (I usually prepare them in the crock pot) It was too dry and I had a foamies/vomiting session for over an hour. Guess I needed a reminder to make sure things are moist! Ugh! Yesterday, I stuck mainly to protein drinks....my pouch was still pretty queasy. Today, I am back to normal!

Melyssa S.
on 8/28/12 7:54 am - Lauderhill, FL
RNY on 06/12/12
 It really is a frieghtening thing. It was the first time for me and I didn't know what was happening. I am very thankful for the OH website. We so fortunate to have so many experienced people here to help us though this crazy stuff. I hope it never happens again but I have a feeling it will :(
HW 247 SW 224 GW 140                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 472 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 462 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views