Had my Endoscopy today

Sonya T.
on 8/31/12 2:09 pm
Never had one before and was totally nervous. But like everyone said... Once i got in the room and the drugs took affect... I was out like a baby and woke up in the recovery room. Just one step closer to obtaining my surgery date now.... Still on my 6 month diet. I have a month and a half to go on that.. So excited to be just that much closer.
Altoonamom
on 8/31/12 2:36 pm - PA
 Great!  I have mine in a week.
losing-lisa
on 8/31/12 5:17 pm - Stevens Point, WI
RNY on 10/31/12
I'm in exactly the same place as you - my endoscopy was today too!  I was super scared about it, since I've never even had an IV before, but it was a piece of cake!  I do have quite the sore throat tonight, but it's manageable.  My last nutrition visit will be the first week of October, then it all gets sent in for approval.  I'm hoping for a surgery date on the Wednesday after Thanksgiving.  Now that I've had the endoscopy it all actually feels REAL. 

Lisa K
Post-op RNY - 10/31/2012

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/12 7:27 pm
Mine is on Wednesday. My doctor waits until you get insurance approval for surgery to do the endoscopy so waiting to get this done is the only thing holding me up for medical clearance. Happy to hear about a good experience! Thanks for sharing :)
(deactivated member)
on 9/1/12 8:33 am - Canada
I see the surgeon next week after going through all the interviews, blood tests, etc. but never had an endoscopy.  Since I've passed the tests so far, do you think an endoscopy will be done before the operation which I think will be in October.
(deactivated member)
on 9/1/12 10:19 am
I don't know about your doctor, but mine has had my do all of the tests except for the endoscopy before I was actually approved for the surgery. Then once the approval came through they scheduled the endoscopy.
(deactivated member)
on 9/1/12 12:59 pm - Canada
 So it seems like an endoscopy is part of the final step before surgery, and it sound like everyone gets it.  Never had one before...what do they use it for?  How far does it go?
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 193 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 193 views