First hard night facing tempting food!!!

gtayl006
on 8/31/12 7:44 pm
Tonight was my god daughters 8th birthday and of all places she wanted to go was Wing-it. No such things as a grilled wing there...everything is fried. My dinner party ordered the following:
Cheese Sticks
Fried Mushrooms
Jalapeno Poppers
Brocolli Bites
Corn Nuggets
Potato Skins
36 Cajun Ranch Wings
-----Ended with a chocolate ice cream cake

I ordered a taco salad minus the taco shell (ground beef, lettuce, black olives, cheese, tomato),
I didn't think it would be so hard, but it was hard. After the fact I was really proud of myself but it didn't make it any easier.

april89love
on 8/31/12 7:47 pm - NC
Good for you!! It is hard to pass up goodies during a party.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

GraceGirl
on 8/31/12 7:56 pm
Good for you!!!

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Terrilmk
on 8/31/12 8:00 pm - SC
 Congrats to staying on track!!  Potato skins would have tempted me, but I dump so easily on fat,  the other stuff wouldn't have tempted me at all.
 HW 240 SW 224 CW 167          
longhornrose
on 8/31/12 8:08 pm - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Just wanted to congratulate you for staying strong during the dinner party!  I can imagine how hard it must have been, but you did it, and you should feel so proud of yourself!  Way to go!

FWIW, I just started my pre-op diet 2 days ago, and it's been a real eye-opener.  Hunger hasn't been much of a problem, but just the fact I have only a couple of options for food:  protein shake, or 4 oz. protein and 1/2 cup veggies has been tough. 

Please keep up the good work. I'm wishing you all the success in the world.

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/12 8:42 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
Congrats on making a great and tasty choice! I'm sure it was hard, but at least now you know that you can do this!
Susan2012
on 8/31/12 8:45 pm
 I'm proud of you. That's what I get if we go out to eat Mexican. Things like that don't bother me anymore. I'll eat my food and they can eat theirs. It has gotten easier over time. You'll be glad as the scale keeps going down. 
I spoke to you Tuesday night at the support group meeting ay BMC.

gtayl006
on 8/31/12 8:56 pm
Hello-
I felt bad I didn't speak longer but I was trying to grab Jodi before she left. I am on this website a lot but only read certain things as I find for me, it is hard because everyones surgeon is so different and I begin to doubt that I am doing what Dr. M wants me to do.

I am down 50lbs, but it has been slow since surgery so I am often feeling really disappointed. I am just trying to stay positive. It was weird but tonight was the first time I felt sad about not being able to eat certain things. I didn't really crave it, it was just not being able to have it.

LibraState
on 9/1/12 11:09 am - York, PA
I am 8 months out and while for the most part I am past the mourning stage there are days when my brain says jeez I want that. The funny thing I have learned is that alot of those things just dont taste good to me anymore. My relationship with food has really changed as well. Instead of living to eat I eat to live. My plan from my surgeon is three meals a day. I do allow myself 1 small snack because for me thats realistic. It might be some fruit or a cracker with pb on it I try to stick with something healthy. My husband just had his surgery on 8/2 and I can tell you he is in the mourning stage as well he is missing his friend so while it can feel like your all alone in these instances your not and it definately gets better.

Susan2012
on 8/31/12 9:10 pm
 I think that normal and most of us go through it. Keep doing what Dr M has told you as he knows you best and his plan is the one your on. I had Dr H my RNY was 12/28 so far down 102 lbs but got a slow start. It will come for you and don'****ch the scale too much because sometimes when your not loosing you are still loosing inches. in the meeting that other lady has lost 140 lbs and she's out 8 months just like me everyone is different. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 282 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views