If you eat popcorn, what kind do you eat?

gtayl006
on 8/31/12 8:21 pm
I see that some people eat popcorn. What kind do you eat? DO you put anything on it, salt? Butter?

crystalomac
on 8/31/12 8:34 pm - Cincinnati, OH
If I eat popcorn I get the 100 calorie bags and do not add anything to them. 
Ladytazz
on 8/31/12 9:08 pm
I use my air popper.  I used to put popcorn seasoning on it, butter and cheese flavor but now I just throw the butter on it.  I don't use salt much because I don't care for the taste.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/1/12 6:56 am, edited 8/31/12 11:56 pm - OH
Most of the time, I use an air popper and drizzle with just a small amount of melted butter but then use a butter-favored popcorn salt. Occasionally, I get a craving and want a treat so I get the snack sized bags of movie theater butter microwave popcorn (high in fat) and eat only half.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MrsLitch
on 9/1/12 7:10 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
White popcorn, (never yellow) just my preference. I use a bit of sea salt on it and no butter. I take out the amount I want and hand the rest to the kids. If I wanted to go back for more I couldn't because they've inhaled it lol

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/1/12 8:46 am
I buy 94% ff popcorn.  Single serving sides are 100 calories I think.  I use those if I'm not making for the whole family

Winnie

Jennifer P.
on 9/1/12 10:44 am - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 Want to know a really neat/easy to make popcorn?  I couldn't believe how tasty and low cal/low fat this is!

1/4 cup unpopped popcorn
1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt to taste

In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together.  Pour into brown paper bag.  Fold the top of the bag over twice (don't worry, it wont open!)

Cook in microwave for 1 and a half to two minutes on high or until you hear  about 2 seconds between pops.  Pour into bowl and enjoy!

Another thing I used to do is replace the vege oil with Frank's hot sauce and the salt with garlic salt.  It is not spicy after it pops and it is AMAZING!!!  You can also do kettlecorn and use 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp sugar (or sugar substitute).  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this popcorn.

PMarie
on 9/1/12 2:18 pm - Bloomington, MN
 Regular popcorn that I make on the stove; use just two teaspoons of oil, and then flavor with a little melted butter and salt.
This is not a frequent thing for me, so I feel OK to use real butter and oil.  If it was frequent, I'd  go the air popped route.

I switched from microwave popcorn, because I wanted to control the amount and type of fats used. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views