6 Month Stall/Hair loss

Heidi T.
on 9/1/12 11:22 am
RNY on 01/31/12
 Well my six month stall is finally broken, man it was the longest one yet. It started in June and just broke. I am excited, it took a lot of faith in myself as well as in my tool to get past this. More than once I felt like giving in and not eating right out of fustration. I am happy to say that I made it through, and am very proud of my self.

My hair loss has slowed way down now, I am excited about that my hair is really thin now but I have faith it will come back in. I also found a new shampoo conditioner that I really like and think that it may have slowed down the loss, Garnier stop the loss. You guys may want to check it out.  I now am only facing another 55-60 lbs before I am at at normal weight! I am so excited I know that I can do it. Thanks for all of you guys help!

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
uscfan05
on 9/1/12 12:45 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
That is awesome!  You went through a tough stall but you kept your head high and your attitude is awesome!   

Mimiterri
on 9/1/12 11:01 pm - Claremore, OK
RNY on 02/27/12
I'm currently in a stall right now. Thanks for posting this Im trying not to get discouraged and you post is giving me hope! Your doing great!

lorastevens
on 9/2/12 8:03 pm - Byron, IL
RNY on 04/04/12
I am in the same boat you are (with the hair loss too). what type of Garnier shampoo helped/ For fine hair?

Heidi T.
on 9/3/12 6:05 am
RNY on 01/31/12
 Fight fall out, its new and seems to work great, it has caffine and biotin in it.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/2/12 8:44 pm - OH
 Um... I'm confused.  Did you mean a six WEEK stall instead of a six months stall??  (According to your ticker, you had your RNY at the end of January (which is 7 months ago) and you said that your stall started in June and just ended... but that the stall was six months long.  June to September 2nd is only three months even if the stall started at the beginning of June...)

It is always a relief to see the hair loss slowing or stop, but no external hair product will affect your body sending the hair into the resting state (which is what causes the post-op hair loss... Google telogen effluvium).  Just coincidence that the hair loss slowed down after starting the conditioner.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Heidi T.
on 9/3/12 6:05 am
RNY on 01/31/12
 LOL yes 6 weeks, sorry about that.

rny 1/30/12              
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 0 replies · 1 views
Recent Topics