5 months out today with pics!

garnetgal
on 9/2/12 5:02 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12

So, I'm officially 5 months out today and I'm halfway to my goal weight! What a journey this has been so far! I have gone from wearing size 32 jeans to size 22 jeans, a size 30/32 top to an18/20, the "girls" are down to double d's, and I can do soooo much more than I could before. My only regret is not having done this sooner. I've had so many NSV's that have kept me smiling, not the least of which is how far around my honey's arms go when he hugs me! Such an awesome feeling! Along with using a seatbelt no matter whos car I'm in, being able to fit in a booth at a restaurant, walking thru the grocery store or any store for that matter without having to stop to breathe, being off all of my blood pressure meds, tying my shoes in the middle, NOT wearing slip on shoes because I can tie my shoes in the middle, standing at the kitchen sink doing dishes NOT leaning on the sink while I do the dishes, sleeping better, and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head!

My BMI has gone from 68.7 at my first appointment with my surgeon to 45.7 today. I'm still obese but I'm not SMO anymore and that is a blessing. My co-morbidities are slowly but surely going away. My right knee still bothers me, but not nearly as bad!

For those just starting your journey... be patient, it will come. For those of you who are months and years ahead of me on your journey... y'all inspire me with your successes. Thank you for sharing!

Me at around 380 pounds, February, 2009

Me today, 266 pounds and still going!

Lisa_K
on 9/2/12 5:05 pm - OH
Congratulations! 
Kallen27
on 9/2/12 5:09 pm
Way to go!!!

Melyssa S.
on 9/2/12 5:09 pm - Lauderhill, FL
RNY on 06/12/12
 You look awesome and you must feel great!
HW 247 SW 224 GW 140                  
Winners never quit and quitters never win. Vince Lombardi

Missy A.
on 9/2/12 5:12 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
 You look fantastic! What an inspiration!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

lotsofhope80
on 9/2/12 5:29 pm - OH
RNY on 04/02/12
 Wow congrats you look great!!! You and I had the same surgery date, and I'm with you, I wish I would have done this 10 years ago!
Keep up the good work!
Skinnygirlme
on 9/2/12 5:34 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 AMAZING!!! Great job!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Jewelsstevens
on 9/2/12 5:50 pm - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
You look amazing!
bridie_53
on 9/2/12 6:03 pm - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 You are such an inspiration! Amazing! Keep up the good work. I did not weigh what you did when I had surgery but I can tell you that I had all of those same complaints and I could relate to all of the NSV's you mentioned. It is so wonderful isn't it. Pay attention those just starting out!!!

tinamarie_125
on 9/2/12 6:14 pm
 You ROCK!!! Keep up the good work!
Most Active
Recent Topics