When does it STOP!! PICS INDLUDED!! WARNING!!

SimoneVSSimone
on 9/4/12 8:58 pm, edited 9/5/12 2:00 pm - Minneapolis, MN
19 Months Post-Op Gastric Bypass with NO REGRETS...BUT

Family & Friends (even me) feel as if I've went underweight!! At this moment I'm 139 pounds, I went from 133 pounds until I started to drink more protein drinks which brought me to 139. I look in the mirror and I can see my rib cage, My mom is getting worried and she is telling me that I look sick! I don't feel sick, I feel good, I don't throw up any food, I never had any issues after having the surgery. My goal weight was about 150 to 160 because I'm about 5'6 and I wanted to keep a healthy figure. Even my face is starting to look skinny, my cheek bones are noticeable. a few months ago the more i ate the more weight I lost!!! ....I just don't know what to do, when does this "Honeymoon" period stop? Will I ever gain weight? will I ever be able to obsorb some kind of food? I've been eating like crazy
295 POUNDS NOVEMBER 2010

A HEALTHY ME AT 170 POUNDS!! I MISS MY CURVES!!!!!!

ME AT MY SON BDAY PARTY, I'M 133 POUNDS HERE, FRAIL AND BONEY, WITH PUSH UP BRA , BREAST ARE GONE!

SORRY FOR BEING UNCUT XXX RATED BUT THIS IS WHAT I SEE, CAN YOU SEE MY RIB CAGE? ANYWAYS MARCH OF 2013 I'M GOING FOR 
1: LOWER BODY LIFT
2: BREAST LIFT/IMPLANT
3: ARM LIFT

THIS IS THE ACTUAL PHOTO THAT I SENT MY SURGEON IN GEORGIA!
qnmimi
on 9/4/12 9:02 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Rather ironic response from your family huh? Sounds like you are doing exactly what you need to do to stabilize your weight by increasing your caloric intake. IMHO, if you feel healthy, and you are meeting your daily requirements, along with good labs, you are just perfect! Your family will come around when they understand how healthy you are.
SimoneVSSimone
on 9/4/12 9:08 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Thanks sooo much!!!
qnmimi
on 9/4/12 9:11 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
PS...cute family, and you do look healthy to me.
SimoneVSSimone
on 9/4/12 9:15 pm - Minneapolis, MN
I just added my pic with my clothes off...
Paul C.
on 9/4/12 9:28 pm - Cumming, GA
 you have done an awesome job!

After your plastics some good resistance training will help with toning and definition and then people won't say you look sickly or underweright.

Wear can I get some of those purple thingies?  I would love them for when I get out of the shower and look in the mirror!
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
SimoneVSSimone
on 9/4/12 9:34 pm - Minneapolis, MN
LOL!!!! Thanks, I really just want to get back to 160 pounds! Well I just started this new protien drink "Muscle Milk" 260 calories with No Milk, only soy milk.
angenoire
on 9/4/12 9:49 pm - NJ
RNY on 05/03/12
You look great. You surely didn't look sick to me. If you feel so need to gain some weight, do so. In all honesty, you look like a fabulous diva.

And I don't see your ribcage.
Taking it one day at a time.    
SimoneVSSimone
on 9/4/12 10:20 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Angenoire!!
Jen V.
on 9/4/12 10:44 pm - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12

I am not seeing your ribs either. You look fine to me. I think you just have a small frame, that is why your weight is so low. If you try to gain, and the malabsorption stops, you might be headed for more weight gain than you intend. Your body will stop where it needs to.

Most Active
Recent Topics