Been really hungry lately

volky64
on 9/7/12 7:28 am
So I'm almost a year out.  the end of this month.  and I've had my share of days when I'm like super hungry and then other days when I don't feel very hungry at all.  but the past week or 2, I feel like I've been super hungry like every day.  what the heck is this about??  has anybody else had this?  and please tell me it goes away.  or at least, how did/do you deal with it???
Day_dream_believer
on 9/7/12 8:36 am
 This is a constant struggle with me.  Do you track what you eat?  I have had days like that where I realize I haven't had near enough food for the day.  Make sure you are getting enough protein as it will make you feel fuller.  An apple with cheese does the trick for me.  The fiber in the apple makes me feel full and the cheese gives it some "staying" power. A bag of almonds also works for me.   Are you bored or hungry out of habit?  If so find something to take your mind off it for an hour or so to see if you are still hungry.  Drink lots of water.  I have heard that some people confuse thirst with hunger.  

Frances S.
on 9/7/12 8:40 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 There are two things that I know of that can increase hunger (aside from exercise ;) ):

1) not enough sleep
2) eating too many refined/white carbs

I focus on protein first, carbs from fruit/veggies & whole grains, getting at least 30 grams of fiber per day and I do pretty well on the hunger front at 2.5 years out.
H.A.L.A B.
on 9/7/12 8:48 am
I have days that I can eat and eat. Then days that I have to make myself eat.
Carbs - even complex carbs may make me extremly hungry.  
Drinking hot coffee, tea, and flavored water on hungry days - allows me to "wait " until next meal.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

volky64
on 9/7/12 9:40 am

thanks everyone for your input!!
i've had days before where i've been super hungry.  but I was just concerned because it's been like a week now.  that's what scares me.

macjuicy
on 9/7/12 10:39 am - FL
I have 2 things that will end that

#1 eat apples and berries in the AM and for snack
#2 NO CARBS AFTER Lunch PERIOD

Same exact thing was happening to me and i got thru it easy

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

volky64
on 9/7/12 11:04 am
apples and berries really help???

thanks so much for your help!
macjuicy
on 9/7/12 11:18 am - FL
On September 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM Pacific Time, volky64 wrote:
apples and berries really help???

thanks so much for your help!
Apples are filling due to the high fiber content and berries contain potent antioxidants.

www.gastricgeek.com

macjuicy
on 9/7/12 4:20 am, edited 9/7/12 4:20 am - FL
I will usually have an apple as my mid morning snack and again 3 hrs after lunch snack and the blueberries and rasberries with my morning oatmeal fiber is KEY

After a year out I suddenly felt like a bottomless pit not anymore though

www.gastricgeek.com

Jilly Bean
on 9/8/12 8:43 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12
On September 7, 2012 at 11:20 AM Pacific Time, macjuicy wrote:
I will usually have an apple as my mid morning snack and again 3 hrs after lunch snack and the blueberries and rasberries with my morning oatmeal fiber is KEY

After a year out I suddenly felt like a bottomless pit not anymore though
 Brilliant!  The don't say an apple a day for nothing. 

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 282 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views