can anyone help explain this to me

yahpraiser
on 9/9/12 7:52 pm - danville, AL
So I just got back from vacation. I lost 14 lbs in a week. I have been at a stall for about 7 weeks. Working out, eating right. Then I go on vacation and said the heck with it. I didnt have much physical activity. I walked some. We went to museums and around but I spent more time in the car than anything. I ate whatever I wanted. I had 3 good meals. ( well you know as much as I could eat ) I had a little dessert after dinner. I ate half of a small ice cream once. I drank a little alcohol a few times. I did not try to keep up with calories, I even snacked. How the heck did I loose 14 lbs. I know some of that is water weight. I stand on concrete all day at work. We are not allowed to sit down. I retain water because of that. I always weigh a couple pounds less on Mondays if I get a whole weekend off. When I went to Chicago in July I lost 12 lbs. and then when I went back to work I gained 7 back in only 3 days. So I know some of this is water weight. Even still I probably lost at least 5 lbs of actual weight. Maybe more. How does that work and how can I apply it to my life. Any Ideas?

LJ1972
on 9/9/12 7:54 pm - FL
water weight, body recovering , increased calories (calorie cycling, even if unintentional),
Leanne43
on 9/9/12 1:01 pm, edited 9/9/12 1:03 pm - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
your stall is normal. your body will slow down naturally mine did for a couple of weeks then i checked 2 weeks later and i lost 7 pounds . you will never just keep on losing it's not healthy your body needs to plateau then it will drop again. and remember we are women so we retain fluid  so some of that was most likely fluid.  you will go through this alot along your journey so be patient with yourself.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/9/12 8:02 pm - OH
It is possible that your caloric intake before vacation was too low for your activity level.  No matter how far out you are from surgery, if your calorie consumption is too much less than your energy expenditure, your body will drop your metabolism to try to get as much as possible out of the calories that you are eating.  Then when you increase the calories a bit, the body lets the metabolism go back to a normal level and then you lose some weight.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

UBet2012
on 9/9/12 8:32 pm - IL
RNY on 09/17/12
Amazing! I would plan another vacation!
daphneb
on 9/9/12 11:28 pm - AK
 I find anytime I was dieting or even now, that is I keep eating the same foods everyday as a habit you won't lose anything, even if it's not much.  But the minute you change it up and introduce new foods to your body at different intervals that is usually when a "dump" occurs.  It sounds likes you changed it up enough, mixed with what the person before me said that perhaps you weren't getting enough calories before and your body was holding out.  I think it was a combination.  That's awesome though, 14lbs in one week!  Good for you 

Most Active
Recent Topics