rate what I ate today

shedo
on 9/12/12 7:33 pm, edited 9/13/12 2:46 am

poet_kelly
on 9/12/12 7:41 pm - OH
You are not supposed to eat fruits or veggies, but pasta is OK on your doc's plan?  That makes no sense to me.

The amount you ate looks fine to me.  I just don't understand why pasta would be considered a better choice than cooked veggies.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

GraceGirl
on 9/12/12 7:45 pm
wow..pasta? really? not judging....Pasta is not even on my plan. They said it takes up too much room and tends to "gum" up in the pouch possibly making it uncomfortable...and its a waste of space nutritionally speaking (under my plan guidlines)
I would cut out the pasta and add in some eggs, or greek yogurt, canned chicken, tuna...

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

wmamey
on 9/12/12 7:56 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
DITTO! No pasta on my plan! Is this information coming from your surgeon? Are you following with a dietician? Seems more important that post op we follow with a dietician.
I wouldn't be doing the pasta, did you measure volume, how many carbs did that end up being?

shedo
on 9/12/12 8:00 pm
 Hi, I am feeling a little judged here.  Especially since my surgeon said speciffically very well cooked pasta.  I am on soft foods only 4 weeks out.  I probably had no more than 40 carbs today and considered "lightweight".   I feel like i am defending myself, I was just more asking about volume. But I guess I did ask.   
But thanks for the recs.  I will check with the surgeon again.  Perhaps I misunderstood.  

MrsLitch
on 9/12/12 8:19 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I don't think they are judging you hon I think they are judging your doctor. I know there are different plans but his is off from many I've read. I'd say make sure you are getting your protein first and follow his plans. You chose him for a reason.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/12 8:19 pm, edited 9/12/12 9:57 pm
No one is judging. Pasta, rice, breads are usually discouraged by many of our surgeons because they are simple carbs and that's what got us into trouble in the first place. At 4 weeks I was allowed chicken, veggies and fruits. Many of us on here were surprised a surgeon would say ok on the pasta and not on meat, fruits and veggies. If anything it wasn't you people were judging but questioning the surgeon/dietitian/nutritionist. Jane
Jess B.
on 9/13/12 7:31 am - IA
 I wont judge you!! I was in the same boat  a couple of days ago I asked a question about not losing as much weight as I should and I felt I was attacked, but thinking about it now I know that everyone just wants the best for me. I know that personally I can not have pasta yet, but every doctor is different in what you can and cant have. The amount of food you ate seems right to me. I know that there are days when I feel I can eat like a pig and then there are days when I have to force myself to eat. I am also 4 weeks out as of tuesday. Keep your head up and when in doubt i'd call the doctor. 

Best of luck to you.
Jessica 

macjuicy
on 9/13/12 8:32 am - FL
On September 13, 2012 at 7:31 AM Pacific Time, Jess B. wrote:
 I wont judge you!! I was in the same boat  a couple of days ago I asked a question about not losing as much weight as I should and I felt I was attacked, but thinking about it now I know that everyone just wants the best for me. I know that personally I can not have pasta yet, but every doctor is different in what you can and cant have. The amount of food you ate seems right to me. I know that there are days when I feel I can eat like a pig and then there are days when I have to force myself to eat. I am also 4 weeks out as of tuesday. Keep your head up and when in doubt i'd call the doctor. 

Best of luck to you.
Jessica 
Jessica..

im glad you came back dont mistake people telling you Dos and Donts about what to eat etc... most people commenting are Veterans, I said things about the TV dinners becuase Im a huge reader of labels and I know that sodium is packed in all of those meals... My advice was not cruel or harsh, i was basically asking if you had a NUT or a doctor giving you meal plans. Most of the people after RNY are given a sheet with a list of what to eat and not eat based on the Surgeons recommendations... from the things you listed you ate so early out didnt seem like either you werent following Docs orders (which many people like to skip the steps) or #2 you never received any knowledge or direction on what to do which i find very irresponsible of the doctor and nursing staff.
Always know that on these  boards if you put your eating junk or crap so early out the boards will always explode with same reaction.... becuase we really care.

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Jess B.
on 9/13/12 9:03 am - IA
 I know that everyone cares now.. I didn't see it then. It meant alot that people where like hey your going the wrong way. I know that I over reacted.The sheet I was given was very brief and didnt explain the steps and so yes I was confused. I have tried to email the NUT but still have not gotten a response. Which clearily I am going to have to find a new one. Beacause I am early out I am lookng for the advise and direction. My mom had this surgery but has had complications from day 1 and had to have hers reversed. Of course I do not want that to happen to me. So this is why I as so many quesitons and some may seem stupid but I only ask becasue I really dont know.. But speaking from a new post op some of the post that people make are harsh even if they are not meaning for them to be.  Thank you and I may have been mad but I wasnt scared away... It would take much more then something someone posted to scare me away. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 313 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 50 views
Recent Topics