Body Fortress protein wasnt covered food stamps? what?

Loveshinesthru
on 9/16/12 8:09 pm - Mesa, AZ
 Weve been buying Body Fortress protein from walmart for a year now and its always been covered under foodstamps. today we went and bought some and it wasnt covered!  The only difference was  I bought vanilla this time instead of chocolate, to try niks protein peanut butter balls. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Dave Chambers
on 9/16/12 9:59 pm - Mira Loma, CA

If it has a "nutritional label" on it, it should qualify. If the label says supplemental values, it likely won't be ok.  Supplements are not ok. It's like energy drinks--no nutrional label, so food stamps won't pay.  I just checked the Body Fortress site, and looked up Whey isolate protein. both chocolate and vanilla list SUPPLEMENTAL FACTS and not nutritional facts.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Loveshinesthru
on 9/16/12 10:03 pm - Mesa, AZ
 Yeah thats what gets me, is we have always bough it on food stamps and I even looked at the one we had left at home and it says supplemental facts. so I wonder what happened? I dont know what else to get hubby as we are broke and nothing else seems to have as much protein as this does. 

Dave Chambers
on 9/16/12 10:19 pm - Mira Loma, CA

I'm guessing Walmart had been made aware of their "error" here.  Nutritional labels are needed. Vitamins list supplemental facts, and are not an allowable product for food stamps.  I just checked GNC, and Isopure shows a Nutritional Fact on it's label, so you need to examine the label of any protein you choose.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.

Loveshinesthru
on 9/16/12 10:21 pm - Mesa, AZ
 I dont think gnc takes foodstamps though? Im not sure jeff even likes isopure. lol 

Dave Chambers
on 9/16/12 10:38 pm - Mira Loma, CA

I only referenced that product, as I used to purchase Isopure at GNC--it was an easy reference to see if any other whey isolate had a nutritional label. It was just an example. I meant you need to find a nutrional label on the whey isolate protein you choose--thems the rules.  You can always ask the store if they take EBT cards, and if so, find a protein with a nutrional label so it qualifies for the EBT purchase.  You can likely Google whey protein brands you or your DH may like, and then check the label online. Then find a store locally that carries it. DAVE

artroxy blue
on 9/17/12 4:32 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I know this may be silly, but maybe they only cover chocolate? 

I wouldn't be surprised by the restriction. When I was pregnant, I had to go on WIC, and they were very particular as to what the WIC checks would cover. I'm sure the EBT program probably has their own restrictions. 
Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/17/12 6:24 am - Baltimore, MD
That is weird. Maybe try another store too. Sometimes things work at one store but not another.

Btw, you could use chocolate for the peanut butter balls. I think Lori (LJ) did and she loved it.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

MichelleNC
on 9/17/12 7:58 am
Yea I would suggest try another store. I coupon and let me tell you the difference in the systems varies from each store. It is as if each Walmart Manager gets to make up his or her own rules for the day. LOL
I agree too chocolate balls sound yummy too! Last resort ask at the grocery store that you shop in if they will be able to carry it. My grocery store does that when I needed some stuff they checked to see if they could get it and were willing to try it out.
Good Luck

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/17/12 8:13 am - Baltimore, MD
 LOL @ chocolate balls...

(Sorry...couldn't help myself...)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Most Active
Recent Topics