4 hrs post op

Kay1975
on 9/19/12 6:19 am - PA
Hi everyone.  I am 24 hrs post op.  Doc said everything went well.  I am in so much pain from the drain that is in.  They have me on pain meds thru Iv and I can pu**** every 15 minutes.  The thing is it makes me so sleepy and sick.  So I dont pu**** as much because I am trying to walk.  I am so frustrated.  Its like I have to be in pain because I hate the pain med or I take it and cant walk.  I started on clear liquids today. 30 cc every hour.  So I just wanted everyone to know I made it thru and I will ttyl. 

Kay Kay

J. Myers
on 9/19/12 6:23 am - PA
 Thank God everything went well..............they say the first few days r the hardest but ur a strong person U'LL GET THRU THIS best of luck to u on ur journey KEEP US POSTED 
AlohaJen
on 9/19/12 6:28 am
RNY on 09/05/12
Congrats Kay!  I am 2 weeks post op today and I got sent home with my drain.  What a pain in the ass it was!  I was in so much pain from that on my right side, I almost couldn't take it.  I had major surgery before, so I thought I knew what to expect.  I was on Morphine in the IV for about 12 hrs and it was not touching the pain, so they started me on liquid Lortab and it worked so much better. Also had the nausea and they gave me something for that each morning and it helped alot.. I had a one week follow up at the surgeons office and he removed the drain and it made such a difference!!  Don't be afraid to ask for nausea meds if you need it and I promise you will feel like a new person when they remove that drain!  I am down 15 lbs in 2 weeks, so welcome to the "Loser's Bench"..... 

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Bellaluna468
on 9/18/12 11:46 pm, edited 9/18/12 11:47 pm
RNY on 10/26/12
 Congrats to both of you, kay & Jen, for getting through through the roughest part...each day will get better!  The drain sounds scary.

I look forward to hearing more from each of you ...

I am so nervous...I have about a month to prepare..

AlohaJen
on 9/19/12 7:25 am
RNY on 09/05/12
Hi Bella,  Thanks for the kind words.... my advice to you is this, do exactly what your surgeon's office tells you to do..... they know what they are doing.  It is hard when you read other people's post and they dont seem to have the same strict rules as maybe you have, but our surgeon's prescribe our plans for us, not for anyone else.....  I have been thinking of doing this surgery for about 5 yrs, I had some relatives back home in SC that had it done and are doing great.  I just knew that I had to fix my "head", before I could do it.... so glad I had the 6 mos requirements that my surgeon and my insurance company required, it really helped.....  Good luck, you will do fine and just remember to take each day one at a time....  

Kay1975
on 9/19/12 6:52 am - PA
they told me when the drain is out i will feel so much better. im hoping so. i am miserable without it.

Kay Kay

Annie_Anaba
on 9/19/12 7:57 am
RNY on 08/27/12
Believe me it makes a world of difference when the drain is out. I was miserable for a week with it and couldnt do anything except hurt. Good luck and congrats on starting a new chapter in your life.

Elizabeth G.
on 9/19/12 6:58 am - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
Hi there,

I'm sorry you are hurting. Can you ask the doc to give you an anti-nausea med? I am pre-op but narcotics do make me dry heave. They should be able to push an anti-nausea med through your IV and send you home with the med too. 

Good luck and hang in there!

Liz
AlohaJen
on 9/19/12 7:21 am
RNY on 09/05/12
Hey again, I forgot to say that, ask for an RX for the nausea meds for when you are discharged home... I only needed it the first 2 days, but was so glad I had it.....  when you lose that drain, you will  be on your way !!

marianthelibrarian
on 9/19/12 8:20 am
 Yes, I third the idea to ask for anti-nausea meds!  Anesthesia and pain meds make me feel nauseated, so I woke up from surgery asking for them.  And get them to give you a prescription for them to take home with you-- it's a life saver!

I'm sorry that your drain bothers you.  Mine didn't bother me, except that it leaked some, which was not fun.  The good news is that it will likely come out very soon!

Feel better and keep updating here!  :)

Lapband 4/2005:  342HW, 202LW
RNY 7/30/2012: 292HW, 276SW

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views