Not being released...

MBMom
on 9/19/12 5:19 am
RNY on 09/17/12
little to no pain. Nausea is kicking my rear....not getting in enough fluids, less than 10 oz. yedsterday.  changing from zofran to reglan.

any tips?
Darcy S.
on 9/19/12 5:26 am - Clinton, CT
No tips. It wishing you well
Vivian Prouty
on 9/19/12 5:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Praying you feel better soon and the changing of meds helps.   Try to sip as much fluid as you can.    I had to stay a extra day when I had my RNY due to nausia ( dry heaving ).   Hang in there....praying for you today.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

artroxy blue
on 9/19/12 5:30 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I couldn't tolerate plain water at first, so I relied on a lot of Crystal Light and herbal tea. I only started tolerating plain water within the last week and a half. 

You can do clear broths, Crystal Light, Propel Zero(?), decaf teas and coffee, skim milk, SF jello and Popsicles, too, to get your fluids in. Good luck!
Lucky2talk2
on 9/19/12 6:09 am - Renton, WA
Hang in there! It does get better! Sugarfree popcycles were my friends.

hugs
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

tgrlnh
on 9/19/12 7:29 am
RNY on 06/05/12
I had to stay in the hospital 5 days including the day of my surgery.  I ended up being allergic to milk.  I had the same problems as you.  Did they try lactaid in your protein shake?

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

Kimberly E.
on 9/19/12 6:04 pm - VA
RNY on 09/05/12
I had the same exact problem post op and they also kept me.  Once they switched my nausea meds to something other than zofran I started being able to drink.  I only had to stay one extra day and all was fine!  I hope that you get that nausea under control with the new meds.  Good luck to you!

mg220
on 9/20/12 7:23 am
RNY on 08/08/12
Same exact thing happened to me after I was released from the hospitol. The nausea was so bad that I did not eat at all which resulted in other issues. But once they swiched me from zofran to reglan the nausea went away within a few days and I started eating again. Good luck to you....It will get better, I PROMISE!
Meg

Surgery Date: August 8th, 2012
HW: 285 / Surgery Day Weight: 274 / CW: 237.5 / Goal Weight: 160

"BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD"
-GANDHI

marty69
on 9/20/12 8:49 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
I had same prob. I was in for 18 days.( needless to say I was a rare one and had complications.) I had to use the zofran an in between doses of that they gave me phenigran. Maybe they could try something like that? Hope u r better very soon.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 522 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 155 views
What's on your Monday Menu?