Eww Almost 4 wks Post Op - Incision Still Seeping

LiciaLou
on 9/24/12 12:32 pm - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
I'm basically hoping someone can tell me they've been there & there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

On Weds I will be 4 wks post op from open rny. Since about 2.5 wks out; my incision has been seeping a yellow to dark orange liquid (gross I know I'm sorry) it hasn't smelled foul & it isn't hurting. My dr & his asst told me it's normal & will go away but this is getting rediculous. My incision looks really good and most of it is healing really well. BUT I have 4 lil holes that are STILL seeping & I have to wear gauze pads on my stomach still. I am really flippin tired of feeling like a patient & would like to just be done with the healing by this point.

My dr is aware of what's going on so I'm not looking for medical advice ... Just personal experiences to give me an idea of a time frame I am looking at before this is healed up. I don't want it to heal & there to still be a ton of liquid inside of me but daggone ... Enough already!

TIA ! 

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

scarlettbegonias
on 9/24/12 12:51 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 Hi Tia 
Im not to much help because I kept the clear tape stuff over my verticle incision until the day before my four week check up  but in saying that mine leaked orangey looking ikk under that tape during hat time- I had been to scared to remove the tape because of the ikk but when I did remove it I was pretty much healed up.
It will stop :-)

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Lisa_K
on 9/24/12 1:07 pm - OH
I have had this issue after 2 c-sections and RNY.  I will just stop suddenly.   I feel for you, it is a pain. 
LiciaLou
on 9/24/12 1:30 pm - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
Thank you both! 

The larger of the holes let loose on Sat & my dr's asst let on like that was a sign of the end.
Here's to hoping!

I had a c/section & another surgery but never had this happen. Bleh! 
It's just enough to gross me out & be a pain (that's for sure!)

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

Katie S.
on 9/24/12 3:53 pm - OH
I had this trouble for about 6 weeks after my surgery. My dr had me tape pads (fem napkins) to my tummy.... I was so glad when it stopped! Keep your head up it will stop :)

Sonogrrl
on 9/24/12 9:16 pm
RNY on 05/22/12
I had no leaking at all. Sorry hope it stops soon.
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
1Haute Diva
on 9/24/12 9:31 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
It's so interesting to see how differently ever doctor does things. My surgeon used dissolving stitches and some sort of glue that slowly washed off in water or dried up or something . So I never had a leaking issue.

Hope it clears up soon for you. It sounds like it could be quite annoying.
- Shaw

Kelly L.
on 9/25/12 12:35 am - San Jacinto, CA
I had to pack my big left side incision for about six weeks.. Then, all of the sudden.. It just got better I know it's a freaking pain! My doc says the key to encouraging it to heal faster is to keep it as dry as possible. Maybe you could find some time in your day to just let them get some air? It might help?
Most Active
Recent Topics