how much vitamins??

Kay1975
on 10/3/12 6:25 am - PA
I got my new calcium pills. The chewable ones.  I am going to take three a day that gives me 1500 a day.  I am suppose to take my multi 4 hours difference from the calcium.  My question is can I take both my multivitamins at the same time or will I not get the full effect.  Also, how close together can I take the calcium to get full dose.  I dont want to take it too soon together.  Thanks so much

Kay Kay

ShebasMom
on 10/3/12 7:37 am
Revision on 07/05/16
It is better to take your multivitamin separate to get better absorption.  Your calcium citrate needs to be taken 2 hours apart for better absorption.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

poet_kelly
on 10/3/12 11:10 am - OH
Calcium doses need to be two hours apart. 

If your multi has iron in it and you want to absorb that iron, you need to take it two hours away from your calcium.  If it does not have iron or if you don't care about absorbing that iron, you can take your multi with your calcium.  You don't need to wait four hours between your multi and calcium though.  Two hours is sufficient.

I suggest taking the multis at separate times for best absorption.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kay1975
on 10/3/12 12:47 pm - PA
ty kelly. thats what I needed to know

Kay Kay

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?