owy this sucks

SaraBurns
on 10/8/12 12:01 pm - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12
i have a major head ache tonight and i have taken what i can to help for it and nothing is working. i dont know what more that i can do.. i dont know if it is a start of a mind grain or just a realy bad head ache.. can some one suggest what i can do to help get rid of it..

Surgery 6/5/12
angeleigh
on 10/8/12 12:16 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12
The following are simple ways to get rid of headaches:

1. Maintain good posture and do some stretching. Poor posture while working can cause what are known as tension headaches. Staying in such a position for a very long time may cause the muscles of the neck and shoulders to tighten up. One way to get rid of this headache is to maintain a good posture while working. Every now and then or if you feel tension pains setting in, do some stretching to get rid of the headache before it gets worse.

2. Application of moist heat through a hot compress is also a good way to get rid of headaches. Get a towel and soak it in warm water and apply it on areas where you find pain and tension to rid your body of the discomfort.

3. In women, a common problem is headache that comes days before their period. This is usually felt as a pain directly behind the eyes. To get rid of this headache, women must eat foods that are rich in zinc, especially those that come from lean proteins such as lean meats.

4. Relax. The most common cause of headache is stress. Develop a healthy lifestyle which allows you to get enough sleep and rest. If you feel a huge headache coming in because of stress, get rid of this headache by taking a break from work and catching on some sleep.

5. Get a massage. Tension headaches, especially ones that come with pain that radiates through the neck and shoulders are extremely uncomfortable. A way to get of this headache is by getting some massage, especially on the scalp, neck and shoulder areas to release all the tension that have build up there.

6. Eat regularly. Do not skip meals because hunger and meal- skipping can also cause headaches. If you feel a headache about to start and you haven't had anything to eat, take a break and grab a bite to prevent that headache from progressing further.

7. Drink lots of water. As much as possible, stick to the eight-glasses a day recommended amount of daily water intake. Water cools down the body and so when you feel a major headache, drink up to get rid of it.

8. Ice. Ice is known to be effective in relieving different types of pains, headaches included. So another option to get rid of your headache if to use ice. Lie down and have an ice pack placed on the areas where you feel pain and tension such as behind your neck, temples or forehead.

9. Kill the pain with pain killers. There are many over-the counter analgesics that are known to work for many forms of headaches. However, it is still best to consult a doctor first before choosing a pain reliever to get rid of your headache most especially if the problem persists for a very long time. It is best to work out with your doctor first what is truly causing the pain.

10. Watch what you eat. Some headaches are triggered by food. This is most especially true for migraine sufferers. So if you feel that your headache was prompted by something that you ate, stop eating that food and consult your doctor to determine whether this is truly the source of your headache.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/368730

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

StephWantsToSki
on 10/8/12 9:41 pm - CO
RNY on 09/28/12 with
 Great post!  Typically drinking a full glass of water will ease my headaches.

“Seldom do well behaved women make history? 
Photography interests:  www.peculiarfocus.com
Mom_2_4
on 10/8/12 12:56 pm
VSG on 05/22/13
When I went to the New York Headache center they suggested taking a magnesium supplement and putting cold on your head and warmth on your neck.  The idea being cold constricts the blood vessels in the brain and warmth opens them up allowing the blood to pass through quickly and relieve the pressure.

IF it is a migraine try to minimize stimuli - lights & sound.  a dark, cool, quiet room.

Feel better!

Elisa
Carol S.
on 10/8/12 10:04 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 I was so frustrated with headaches for so long.  You may not feel hungry but the headache may be telling your body that it is.  I've downed a protein shake when things get bad.  Liquid and sustenance..just a suggestion.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 497 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 478 views