Citracal petites or UpCal D?

MBallard
on 10/12/12 3:10 am - Fort Bragg, NC
RNY on 02/07/13
 I need opinions on which one is better? I'm torn between the two.

Surgery date - February 7, 2013

laura_vermont
on 10/12/12 4:22 am
I think it's really a matter of personal preference.  Watch the "serving size" on the container & just make sure you take the recommended amount total.  I made this mistake early on -- you need to take 2 calcium tabs to get the full serving size with most pills. 

Personally, I take the full size citrical, so that I can take fewer pills.  But, I don't have issues swallowing them.  If you have issues swallowing pills, consider the upcal d.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Alicia F.
on 10/12/12 4:24 am
RNY on 04/16/12
I agree with above poster... use personal preference...

I personally have issues swallowing pills so I have opted to use Celebrate's Citrate Calcet bites.
I tried the Petites and my oh my.... those are still horse pills... they irritated my pouch.

MBallard
on 10/12/12 4:29 am - Fort Bragg, NC
RNY on 02/07/13
 Yeah I absolutely hate swallowing pills and I'm on quite enough prescription meds already. I think I'm gonna go with upcal d so I can mix it in my liquids and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Surgery date - February 7, 2013

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/12 5:24 am
For me it's the Upcal D.  I have used it right from the beginning.  I dump it in my coffee, yogurt whatever and it's done.  It has never upset my stomach. Now alot of people say it's too gritty for them and again it's all a personal choice.  Try them both and see which one does the best for you.  Jane
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 313 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 52 views
Recent Topics