yogurt

Kay1975
on 10/13/12 7:02 am - PA
Hi, I went out and got the yoplait yogurts and I wanted to know has anyone added protein powder to their yogurt.  Is it chalky?  I was thinking of adding a half scoop. just afraid it will be too much. 

Kay Kay

poet_kelly
on 10/13/12 7:22 am - OH
On October 13, 2012 at 2:02 PM Pacific Time, Kay1975 wrote:
Hi, I went out and got the yoplait yogurts and I wanted to know has anyone added protein powder to their yogurt.  Is it chalky?  I was thinking of adding a half scoop. just afraid it will be too much. 
I found that adding too much protein powder made the yogurt kind of gritty, but not chalky.  It might depend on what brand protein you use.  Now I just add a little bit at a time, stir it up well, and see if I think I can add a little more without it getting icky.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

molly3613
on 10/13/12 7:51 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
I get Kroger lite vanilla and put a whole scoop of the smoothie king gladiator whey isolate powder in it and stir well. No grit at all. I dip strawberries or apple slices in it or mix in a few grapes. Very good. 1 scoop of powder is 22.5 protein and the yogurt is 16 protein.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/13/12 10:57 am - OH
What size yogurt container are you eating? I have containers of both the Kroger lite vanilla yogurt and the new Kroger Greek yogurt in my refrigerator, and even the Greek yogurt has only 14g of protein (and the lite yogurt has only 7), so I am trying to figure out how you are getting 16g of protein.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Kay1975
on 10/13/12 8:08 am - PA
Hi Molly,
Where can I get the yogurt.. What is exact name of it.  And also, what is the powder you use.  Ty

Kay Kay

mickeymantle
on 10/13/12 8:24 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13
I WOULD LIKE TO TRY smoothie king gladiator
but they have no stores near me is there any online sales of it
molly3613
on 10/13/12 9:05 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
Hi Kay,
The yogurt is from Kroger grocery store - their house brand. The lite has 90 calories & 16 protein. I get either plain or vanilla. The protein powder is from Smoothie King which is a drive thru smoothie place like burger king is a drive thru burger place but you can buy tubs of the whey isolate powder they use in their smoothies. 2 scoops make a smoothie. 2 scoops has 190 calories, 45 g. protein and 0 sugar. Pretty good. It is sweet but I like that. The chocolate is really strong so I mix 1 scoop vanilla and 1 scoop chocolate and that cuts it back. I don't know if you have smoothie kings where you live but maybe you can order it online. It is called smoothie king gladiator whey isolate protein powder. It is in a silver tub. Let me know if you need more info. I got it from the people who did my lap band that failed. At least they did one thing right.

anewbeginning2012
on 10/13/12 10:23 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 I am in love with the Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt (strawberry). Only 80 calories, carbs 8g, Protein 12 g. It tastes so good. I have been having it for lunch lately.
 Kris        
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/13/12 11:04 am - OH
Personally, I wouldn't try adding a full half scoop of any kind of protein powder to just 6 ounces (the typical container size) of yogurt. It isn't that it would make it chalky (I have never had any protein powder make something chalky), but it will likely make it thick and grainy (not enough moisture to dissolve the powder), and depending on the flavor of the yogurt and the powder, the protein powder flavor will likely overwhelm the yogurt flavor. I was only able to add about a third of a scoop of unflavored or vanilla protein powder to yogurt, and even that was pushing it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/13/12 1:27 pm
I add 1 scoop of protein powder to 1\2 cup of yogurt. I typically take 2 cups yogurt add 4 scoops protein powder plus some additional sweetener or flavors. Blend that very well with hand held blender and divide into 4 container. Let it it for at least 2 hrs. The powder will absorb some of the yogurt liquid and I get nice thick pudding like yogurt.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 575 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 295 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 381 views