cream of brocoli & cheese or cream of potato (yay or nay?)

whitetigress2011
on 10/16/12 7:26 am - CA
I am 4 days out, is this an exceptable mushie as long as its pureed or do I need to strain it firdt or just say NO all together? Looking for more than refried (fat free) beans & laughing cow swiss wedge lol although they have been my friend. Lol

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
SW : 372 CW: 299 1st GW : 250 2nd GW : 215 DR. GW:201My PG: 180
Anything below is a blessing from GOD

val6715
on 10/16/12 7:45 am - NJ
 I couldn't have mushy foods until 3 weeks out. When I could, I didn't tolerate cream soups, anything milky. I did tolerate nonfat unflavored greek yogurt. The protein content was so great that I would eat the yogurt with a tablespoon or two of baked potato. Thinned with lofat chicken broth. Just switch the balance. Instead of a whole baked potato with the sour cream on it. Have a 1/2 cup of the greeek yogurt with the potato as the garnish instead! I haven't even attempted broccoli yet. Don't want the gas...
missmomof4
on 10/16/12 7:53 am
RNY on 09/10/12
I would definately say no to the cream of potato and as for the broccoli, this could make you very gassy which could be painful, but some people do tolerate it. As far as straining, I didnt have to do that as long as I chewed any little pieces very very well. I did a lot of campbell's mushroom soup but it was mushroom maderia (comes in a brown container, not the cans) and it has very large pieces of mushrooms, so I pureed it in the food processor.

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
chowell
on 10/16/12 8:16 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
i am a little over a week and i eat homemade cream of potato just made the potato piece very small and they are very soft. i dont know about canned soups except chicken noodle soup, because i have never liked them.

Cecily Howell                

Annie_Anaba
on 10/16/12 8:46 am
RNY on 08/27/12
I added skim milk and protein powder to them and made them healthier. My NUT had no problem with them early out. She said later when I can eat more I should stay away from them.

Christy L.
on 10/16/12 8:46 am - TN
Everyone is different.  I ate homemade chicken harvest soup without the noodles and completely pureed.  At that point it was the most delicious thing I'd ever had! lol  Good luck!!

anewbeginning2012
on 10/16/12 9:06 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 4 days out and eating refried beans and cheese? I was only able to eat 2 oz of egg, cottage cheese, cream soups, pudding and jello. It is weird how every surgeon's stages are. some people couldn't even eat what i ate that early out.
I would agree though, the gas would probably be really bad from the broccoli.
 Kris        
Debbie C.
on 10/16/12 9:41 am - Bradford, MA
RNY on 10/10/12
I will be one week out tommorow, and I still have another week of just protein shakes and clear liquids!
SoCaPinkLady
on 10/16/12 10:06 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I ate cream soups at 3 weeks and cream of brocoli was my go to meal. It was one food that didn't make me sick at all. I loved subway's soup and would get it from them.

Lori                               

BWB
on 10/16/12 10:37 am
 If you are eating commercial soup there may not be enough broccoli to matter.  I'm not sure but  I think the tough outer skin is the problem, just like you shouldn't eat potato skins until much later.  I was on a 8 week schedule for the rough veggies and fresh fruit.  I make my own soup because I don't like the salt content in comercial varieties.  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views