SUPER pissed at my regain!!!!!

dolfinluvr77
on 10/15/12 5:06 am - Moorhead, MN
I'll start my admitting its totally, utterly 100% MY fault but I just can't believe its happeend. I've hovered (unhappily) around 160-165 for almost a year and have tried to get "back on track" several times. I guess the worst thing is the wine consumption I've started ...which connecting the dots...is a huge part of the problem I'm guessin.
And my unenthusatic attitude and lack of energy and huge lack of free time to do any exercise.

So here I am, painfully aware at my 36 pound weight regain since my surgery 4-yrs. ago this past May. Sigh....
Today I started the 5-Day Pouch Test (done this a few times before) just to clean myself out and get back to basics, again.
I just need to find the motivation, drive, and determination to lose. I WANT to lose some of it, even half of it would be fine. But I get so down about it that I can't do it for whatever reason.

I could just really use some motivation and TIPS ON SUCCSS...or getting back on track, etc.
      Began my journey in 2008 at 246#....lost 111#...have regaind about 35#'s of which I am currently trying to rectify!

Kristi D.
on 10/15/12 5:40 am - Buffalo, NY
I am right there with you.  I hit my lowest weight at 9 months out (about 165) and hovered there for a while and at almost 2 years out I am back up to arounf 180-185.  It is so frustrating.  I know part of it is that I have to get back to the gym, but I'm doing everything else that I am supposed to be doing in terms of eating, hydrating, vitamins, protein, etc.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a pity party.  I wish I had some advice for you...

Kristi

HW:276   SW:255   CW:201  LW:165  GW:140

dolfinluvr77
on 10/15/12 5:45 am - Moorhead, MN
Ohhhh, its sometimes nice to know I am NOT alone. I mean, I do know that but you need to hear it sometimes.
I think exercise IS my biggest problem too. I go in and out of bad eating habits and the wine consumption I know has to stop, ugh! But the exercise is the worst b/c I feel floppy and frumpy and lumpy. LoL!

No advice is ok...Lisenting was helpful!
      Began my journey in 2008 at 246#....lost 111#...have regaind about 35#'s of which I am currently trying to rectify!

poet_kelly
on 10/15/12 5:48 am - OH
Since you've done the pouch test a few times, it sounds like it hasn't really helped you stay on track.  It's a fad diet, and like other fad diets, sometimes helps temporarily but doesn't help you make lasting changes.

What would help you make lasting changes?  I don't know.  I would suggest working with a registered dietician and maybe a therapist.  Maybe a personal trainer would help, too.  But also making sustainable changes.  Sticking to a very limited diet like the pouch test for five days isn't sustainable, and it's not meant to be - it's a five day diet.  Making changes you can stick with for life would be more useful, I think.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dolfinluvr77
on 10/15/12 5:56 am - Moorhead, MN
I don't see it as a diet, but I see what you are saying. I'm not saying I've done it 3x and it hasn't worked. Quite the opposite actually. I feel great when I'm done, I lose a few pounds for motivation to keep going....its ME that isn't making/keeping the lasting changes. For whatever reason,and yes, that is something that I need to figure out BUT its more or less life.
What I MUST do is incorporate some exercise regardless and I will be ok.

SoCaPinkLady
on 10/15/12 9:06 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
What is the 5 day Pouch Test???

Lori                               

dolfinluvr77
on 10/15/12 10:57 am - Moorhead, MN
http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

It was designed to "detox" from slider foods, white carbs, etc. and get back the restriciton feeling with proper portion sizes.

Laura in Texas
on 10/15/12 10:18 am
My biggest lesson learned was to forgive myself and move on. Tomorrow is a new day. Track your food, water, and exercise. You can do it! And when you get back to your goal, give yourself an upper limit. Mine is 140. If I get near it, I cut bac****il the weight is back off. 5 pounds is much easier to lose than 36.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Hvfaith
on 10/15/12 12:06 pm - St Albert, Canada
 What's really interesting to me, is we all seem to understand what we really "need to do" but it's finding that motivation and that stick-to-it-ness that seems to hold us back.  I am the queen of "tomorrow", every darn night it's tomorrow I am doing shakes all day, or tiny meals, or whatever other advice I have received on how to get back on track.  Bottom line...I don't do it, I come back upset I didn't do it and then I say, TOMORROW arrrrrrg!  So, this week I have been revisiting my early journals, looking at my feelings, looking at how I found the inner strength to do the pre-op diet when I didn't have my tool but had a crapload of motivation...then, each meal, I plan, I put up stickies reminding me what I need to do, I write my food down (electronic is great but it isn't working for me - seems I feel more in tune with my own handwriting).

I hope you'll find that inner eye of the tiger, it's really up to you.  We know you can do it, we are cheering for you, but only you can run the race, so go on, get in the game, tell your inner "I dont't want to" to bug off, you are to busy planning your meals and exercising to listen.  Keep us updated, 
Laura in Texas
on 10/15/12 12:11 pm
Yep. We have to believe we are worth the effort.  I work my ass off to stay below my goal weight. I don't make excuses and I do what is necessary. It's not "magic" but it is possible.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 194 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views