The more I read, the more I am confused!

Tess0306
on 10/16/12 6:08 am - TX
I have been reading all the posts on here  while approaching my journey on this trip for a better life. Unfortunately, we are all different and what works for one may not work for another.  I don't have a problem with alot of the new changes that I am going to have to make to be healthy, but vitiamins are a BIG condern for me.  I have never been regular on taking vitamins as I have a tendancy to burp those stinkers all day.  I am not much on the sweet chewables, but I will do what I have to do.  

Anyone have any suggestions?

Tess    

Lisa T.
on 10/16/12 6:36 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
Taking my vitamins has been a challenge because in general I don't like to take pills.  Fortunately, I didn't have any co-morbidities but my BMI was really high.  You'll find that your taste buds change post op so it can be a little hard to predict what you'll like pre-op.  I had good luck with the Celebrate products over Bariatric Advantage.  I was very fortunate to find a local retailer who sells bariatric products.  When I went to their store, they let me sample anything my little heart desired so I could pin point what I might like.

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

chickzero1
on 10/16/12 6:41 am - Bossier City, LA
 I LOVE the Celebrate vitamins! You can get a sample pack from them...check out their site...celebratevitamins.com. I was so surprised how easy they were to take. Good luck to you. 

garnetgal
on 10/16/12 6:45 am - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
I keep my vitamins in my night stand, it's easy to take the morning and night dose. Then for the mid-day dose I keep a pill container in my purse. Remember, it takes 2 weeks for something to become a habit. I'm 6-1/2 months out and it really has become a habit to take my vitamins. In return I get great lab results! You can do it!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/16/12 6:50 am
get the sleeve. VSG. You still will need Vits - but hopefully not as much - many as with RNY

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SarahLee1969
on 10/16/12 8:32 am - NY
I was poor with taking a multivitamin prior to surgery, as I usually burped them upfor what seemed like days! I also ate a lot of fruits and veggies daily, so I felt I was ok without them them.
Since surgery I have not missed a dose of anything. Not one! The centrum chewables were great post op, but now Im onto regular centrums. I tried Celebrate chewables, but they were way too sweet and I dumped!So I donated/traded with others for what I like.
Tastes do change.Many companies that sell bariatric vitamins, etc have sample sizes available, or you can ask your surgeouns office for any samples they may have. A local support group I attend has had samples of several different vitamins too.
MsBatt
on 10/16/12 2:19 pm
If you can't commit to taking vitamins daily---perhaps several times a day---for the rest of your life, then you should NOT have any sort of malabsorptive WLS. Have you considered the Sleeve? It doesn't cause any malabsorption---but you should still take vitamins with it, too.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views