Embarking on getting ready for a change!

Tess0306
on 10/15/12 11:28 am - TX
Hi Everyone!
  I have been reading all the posts on this site and I think I have found a place that I can find answers.  I have seen the surgeon and am now doing my "homework"....seeing the the dietition and will be seeing the psychologist tomorrow.  Then will have to have the upper G.I....don't have a gall bladder, so don't have to worry about that causing problems.  I am excited, but nerveous too!  Some people breeze through and others have problems...but all in all, it is a life change that I have thought about for a while.  I have 3 great grandchildren that I want to get healthy for so I can watch them grow up into adulthood!  I am a bit old to finally decide this....but at 65 years young, it is never too late!  I am sure I will have questions and other stuff and it is nice to know there are people out there willing to support each other!! 

Tess    

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/15/12 12:28 pm - OH
Welcome.  You are never too old to take charge of your weight and your health.  Yes, some people have very little trouble after surgery and others struggle, but it is an opportunity to finally get the excess weight off and keep it off.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views