My metabolism

Kay1975
on 10/17/12 6:55 am - PA
What can I do to boost my metabolism?  I am taking all my vitamins, fluids, and protein. Is there anything I can do? 

Kay Kay

Dee.spunk
on 10/17/12 7:09 am - Sacramento, CA
Exercise. I know it's hard (I don't always want to) but we gotta push ourselves. I keep myself moving even when I do t feel like it and when I'm done I feel better for it and I even have more energy the rest of the day.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Astro1
on 10/17/12 8:03 am
I think you need to take a deep breath and stop and realize you just had surgery and you are only a month out.  Did you have any classes to prepare you for this journey??  Were you expecting 60lbs or more pounds to be gone by now?  Please think about getting some help to cope with the expectation of this surgery because I am afraid of those that feel they have failed this early out haven't resolved so many issues dealing with food which is going to undermine their ability to take the weight off.  Good luck, Jane 
Kay1975
on 10/17/12 8:32 am - PA
I didn't expect 60 pounds to b gone no. But having worked so hard for the last 7 months on changing my whole eating habits, I just expected to have lost a little more than 6 pounds. I am going to my nutritionist tomorrow. Her and my surgeon said 6 pounds is a little for being a mnth out. We r going to go over what I am eating and compare it to my activity.

Kay Kay

wendydettmer
on 10/17/12 8:35 am - Rochester, NY
 i noticed you weighed yourself at the gym.  is that always where you weigh yourself?  i find it is always best to weigh first thing in the morning.  weight can fluctuate SO much during the day, even if i don't eat my weight can go up . 

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Kay1975
on 10/17/12 9:11 am - PA
It was my first time weighing myself since surgery. I talked to my NUT and she gave me some things to do differently plus I'm going to see her tomorrow.

Kay Kay

artroxy blue
on 10/17/12 9:48 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Also, keep in mind you lost quite a bit Pre-op in preparation for surgery. It may be why you're weight loss has slowed, or it could be a plateau. Your body needs some time to catch up with the drastic weight loss and recovering from surgery. 

MultiMom
on 10/17/12 10:00 am - NH
Hi Kay,

Take a breath......really, do it   Wait until you see your NUT tomorrow and get weighed there. The scale at the gym that you weighed yourself on might be WAY off, or it may be right. Either way, you WILL lose if you keep doing what your NUT and surgeon have laid out for you. Sometimes you aren't going to lose for weeks at a time. I know that I didn't. It is discouraging and makes you wonder why you've put yourself through this, but I promise you that all this heartache that you are feeling now will seem like it never happened.

Get a good nights sleep and report back tomorrow, OK??

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Kay1975
on 10/17/12 10:07 am - PA
I'm not gonna let it beat me trust me. I'm on my way to gym now. I will fight until I am at my goal. Ty everyone.

Kay Kay

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/17/12 10:57 am - OH
How many times per day do you eat? Eating smaller more frequent meals keeps both your blood sugar and metabolism more stable (and your metabolism up) throughout the day instead of going through peaks and valleys if you only eat three times per day.

As already indicated, exercise will also increase your metabolism for a period of time afterward.

These things will all increase it a bit for periods of time during the day but there is nothing that you can do to permanently raise your overall metabolism.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views