1 Year Post Op

MrsJButler
on 10/19/12 2:38 am - Canada
Well today is finally here! Its my 1 year surgiversary!!! I can't believe how fast time has gone by....a year ago I was sitting in the waiting room waiting for my name to be called and then it was, my Mom was crying and I was crying all very happy tears tho. I have to say this past year has been by far one of the best I can ever remember. So many new and exciting things have happened to me this past year. When I really stop to think about it, everything has changed for the better. I applied and got a brand new full time job at a new hospital which I would have never ever have done before. I couldn't look people in the face that I knew let alone apply and meet all new people at a new job. I have made so many new friends over the last 4 months its unreal and just plain amazing! To think of a ll the fun and incredibly supportive people I would have missed out on makes me tear up. Was it easy....NO, not by a long shot would I do all the good and bad all over again....YES in a heartbeat. I knew once I had made up my mind on having this surgery it was going to be challenging and a lifelong commitment but I also knew I would succeed and use this tool to the best of my ability... Pre op I was the most scared to tell my Grandma, she's always been there for me and has never ever said a word about my weight but I knew she was uncomfortable with it...I sat her down one afternoon at a family party and explained the entire thing to her and not to my surprise she was 100% on board. She asked me if I knew what I was doing and that if so she would be behind me all the way...this past Sunday I sat down with her again and she just kept telling me how proud she was of me and that she just feels like she gets to love me longer now that I am healthier and happier, she gets to see the Jessica Ann she knew as a child who's free spirit and love shines through. Id just like to say a huge thanks to my MOM. She is and always has been my very best friend, she also knows how impulsive I am and once I have something in my mind that I want to do she knows there's not a lot she can do to change it lol I wonder where I got that from...Thanks Mom for being there for me a year ago today, for everyday before that and everyday since. If that's not long enough I could have not done any of this without the support of my husband Nick and my kids Koby John and Alivia Angelina. They are the reason I want to be happy, the reason I want to be healthy and the reason I want to live.

Photobucket

Refferal Sent-Dec 15th 2010 SURGERY DAY-OCTOBER 19TH 2011 Contact me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/234277683300118/ if you are going through St. Joes Hamilton and I'll hook you up with our AMAZING Hamilton only private Facebook group :)

traviscantrell
on 10/19/12 2:43 am - Ridgefield, WA
Happy Anniverary.  Good to see some else celebrating !
Today is a Great Day.

Travis Cantrell                                

manda2108
on 10/19/12 2:52 am
 Congrats! Your doing awesome..keep up the good work!

fickleme
on 10/19/12 2:55 am - Bessemer City, NC
Awesome post... Congrats on your success so far... You look fantastic :)
SoCaPinkLady
on 10/19/12 3:01 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
Thanks for sharing.  WOW you have done an incredible job!!! Congrats!!!  I can't wait to be able to make a similar post when I hit my year mark!

Lori                               

Skinnygirlme
on 10/19/12 3:03 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Congratulations!!! You look FANTASTIC!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Marie A.
on 10/19/12 3:14 am
 You look GREAT!  Happy Anniversary!

~Marie

It's not who you are that holds you back...
It's who you THINK your NOT!

highest weight = 315     pre-op weight = 290     current weight = 145

StephWantsToSki
on 10/19/12 4:36 am - CO
RNY on 09/28/12 with
 You look so adorable!  Congrats!

“Seldom do well behaved women make history? 
Photography interests:  www.peculiarfocus.com
kristib
on 10/19/12 5:52 am - Rolla, MO
RNY on 10/01/12
 WOW! You made me cry! You look amazing! And what an awesome job you have accomplished! I am 19 days post-op and NO it isn't easy but I already feel better and lighter:) Keep up the good work. Those babies have an amazing mommy to so very proud of!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

tulips52
on 10/19/12 9:00 am
 As someone that just passed the one year mark my hat is off to you! What a great post!!! (mine was sorely lacking) Congratulations! You look wonderful!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 379 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 197 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 221 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 124 views
Recent Topics