Surgery tomorrow!

Michele1az
on 10/24/12 12:10 am - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13 with
Wow, it has been a over a year of me posting about revising to the VSG and being self-pay. I had 4 scheduled surgeries that were all cancelled for various reasons and now my insurance is covering the RNY, but not the removal of the band.

Anyway, I am trying REALLY hard not to be anxious, but I am. I even took a xanax last night. I know everything will be fine, but I just want it over with, so that I can start the recovery process. I think I might me scared that this won't work either.

I am also a single mom and I am scared for my 10 year old son. I don't want him to be worried about the surgery, so I have not told him. He was 5 when I had the band.

Please send me positive thoughts and comments. I really need them.

Michele in Arizona

Surgery:8-26-13

karenp8
on 10/24/12 12:20 am - Brighton, IL
 Feeling nervous is completely normal. This is a life changing decision! Just keep thinking about how much more you will be able to do with your son as the healthy new you! This surgery will work for you if you follow the rules. You will be fine and it will be over before you know it! I'll be praying for you to have a quick and uneventful recovery. Just take it one day at a time!
darlingdeb
on 10/24/12 1:42 am - OH
Hugs and prayers!!     debbie
Dolores L.
on 10/24/12 3:54 am - FL
Revision on 08/14/12
Congrats on your surgery and keep us posted about how you are doing! I'm glad to hear ins is paying for most of it!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 379 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 493 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 475 views