Differences

Diabolique
on 10/23/12 1:00 pm - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12
I had surgery a month ago and I hear many differing opinions on food.  How long was it before you could go back to old favorites, in moderartion, like a few bites of ice cream or a bite of chinese food?  Maybe a soda?
Pittsteelers
on 10/23/12 1:29 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I will never drink a soda again!!! Last week I bought the 100 calorie Klondike bars and that was my first ice cream. I am 11 weeks out. Love Chinese food but have not tried it yet. I would wait till you feel comfortable trying your old favorites. But make sure your old favorites are now made with ff/sf ingredients. I make a taco dip and made it this time with light cream cheese and ff sour cream and used baked tortilla chips. Would never have used those before. And it still tastes the same!!

Friendlybyte
on 10/23/12 1:38 pm - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
Hello there!  I myself do not even let myself think that way.. Instead I am thinking of what healthier options that I can be cooking and eating... The old favorites helped me become a diabetic and on 3 different medications for it!!   I have been off all my diabetic medication for over 6 weeks now and want it to stay that way..  I try to look at food as fuel now and it is to nourish my body... I hope you the best on your new journey to a healthier slimmer you!

scarlettbegonias
on 10/23/12 1:41 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 What does your plan say? 
I'll be trying to avoid my old favourites at least for awhile ( I would like to say until I'm at goal ) because how I see it is those old favourites got me into this position in the first place- some people can do moderation I realise with certain foods I can not.

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

shirleyfhoffman
on 10/23/12 1:55 pm - CA
Don't do it! It's a slippery slope back into old behaviors that do more harm than good. Find healthy alternatives. If you want ice cream, put your protein shake in an ice cream maker. you're already going without pop so save that money you would be spending on it for your new smaller clothes! I love Chinese food, but the rice and noodles hurt me. I dump so I can't do the dishes with sugar. I can do the wonton soup and the egg drop soup. I can do a few bites of garlic chicken and string beans or Mongolian beef. Think of your new pouch as prime space. If it isn't high in protein or have a significant health benifit, don't eat/drink it. That being said, if I hit my protein goal, follow my diet plan, hit my water goal, hit my exercise goal, and remember to take my vitamins each day, I will eat one small piece of candy (like an Andes mint, a wrapped caramel, or right now it's a Hershey's pumpkin spice kiss) each night. Looking forward to the reward in the evening keeps me from cheating throughout the day. If I earn 6 pieces of candy in a row, I go to Starbucks on Sunday and get a venti sugar freee caramel frappacino with fat free milk and 2 scoops of protein. Every other one I earn has whipped cream. If you decide you're going to cheat on your diet and eat unhealthy choices even when you know that you shouldn't, make sure you burn those extra calories BEFORE you eat them. hope this helps!

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

Mary Catherine
on 10/23/12 2:23 pm
 Five years ago, someone told me not to go back to my old favorites and my old way of eating until I was tired of being thin and ready to go back to my old weight.  So far, I have followed that advice.
Amanda M.
on 10/23/12 3:00 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
LOVE THIS!
Jilly Bean
on 10/24/12 12:11 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12
On October 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:
 Five years ago, someone told me not to go back to my old favorites and my old way of eating until I was tired of being thin and ready to go back to my old weight.  So far, I have followed that advice.
Brilliant!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Amanda M.
on 10/23/12 2:59 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
I think. this is a dangerous way of thinking. you got the surgery to commit to a new lifestyle and have success by using a tool. I can't imagine getting this surgery and be waiting for the first chance to get a taste of old habits. personally, I think you should contact your NUT and talk to them about this. maybe your plan will allow "cheats". But why would you want to cheat!?
Diabolique
on 10/23/12 9:35 pm - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12
I am actually not looking to"cheat."  I am wordernig when I can let my guard down a little withought withought being in fear of puking in person. If I grab a peice of baklava or a holiday cookie, just out of habbit do I run a rick of dumping?
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 284 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views