SOUP....Liquid or Solid??

Kay1975
on 10/24/12 3:33 am - PA
Ok SO I made a big pot of Chicken soup with Chicken, Carrots, Celery, and Some Potatoes in it.  Im sitting here thinking and a thought came to me.  How do I eat this?  Do I eat the solids first, and then the liquid 30 minutes later or what??  It might sound crazy but I dont know.  Can someone help me out.  Who would ever think I would have this type of problem.  LOL

Kay Kay

poet_kelly
on 10/24/12 3:39 am - OH
You could eat the solids then wait 30 minutes to drink the liquid.  Or you could eat the broth first and then eat the solids right after the liquid.

Or you could eat it normally and just realize it probably won't keep you full for very long.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Day_dream_believer
on 10/24/12 3:40 am
 My Dr. said to avoid soup because it is a liquid.  I  concentrate on the solids and eat very little of the broth.  I usually make it so it is more stew than soup.  

wendydettmer
on 10/24/12 3:41 am - Rochester, NY
 we were discouraged from soups because of that dilema.  the only soup i eat is a black bean soup, but it's puree so not really solids in it.  i treat it as a liquid.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Kay1975
on 10/24/12 3:46 am - PA
I was going to addd some of my unflavored to it, so that it gave me more protein besides the chicken.

Kay Kay

Dee.spunk
on 10/24/12 3:59 am - Sacramento, CA
I usually just drink the broth first and then eat the solids. We can have broth, it'll just go towards your liquid goal. (which should be 64 oz a day).

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/24/12 4:17 am
I'm with Dee. I drink the broth--it funnels out quickly as do all liquids--then eat the solids.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

southbay311
on 10/24/12 4:33 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
I make a beef vegetable soup and since surgery I have made it more of a stew consistency. One thing is that I feel too full and uncomfortable with the diced potatoes (don't need the carbs either), so I substituted and added an extra can of red kidney beans for the protein along with the beef. Works wonderfully and don't miss the potatoes at all.

H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Kay1975
on 10/24/12 4:50 am - PA
I drank the broth and now working on solids which is just shredded chicken and some carrots. The potatos are for the rest of the gang. Ty everyone.

Kay Kay

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?