HOLY COW THEY APPROVED MY APPEAL!!! Advice needed....

ArwensRose
on 10/24/12 7:09 am
RNY on 09/06/12
Get it done after Tday.  Take care of you!

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/24/12 9:17 am
RNY on 09/17/12

Congrats!!! I know you were so heartbroken before when things fell thru.  I say GO FOR IT!!  There's never going to be a perfect time.  Just get done what you can before and to heck with the rest!  Let other people sort it out.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

scarlettbegonias
on 10/24/12 9:37 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 Sherrie that's fantastic news!! I think after all you've gone through to get it approved go ASAP - do the shopping you can before and like others said delegate!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

AmberF
on 10/25/12 6:30 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
YAY!!! I just got my Lap-Band removed on October 12th and they set my RNY date for December 12th (my surgeon wanted to do them seperate to give me time to heal) My RNY date december 12th worked out perfectly because december 7th is the last day of my current school semester. Im struggling a little bit right now because with my band off oh my gosh I can eat anything! I am trying to control myself but with the band for 3 years eating was such an awful painful experiance that now I feel like im free im free!!! but I know thats not a good attitude to have. My doctor doesnt want me to gain a lot of weight before my surgery. He prescribed me some appitite supressants that I am going to start taking monday. I am super excited to get the RNY but I must admit Im a little nervous. Having the band and not losing weight was such an embarrasing painful experiance for me that I just keep getting scared the RNY isnt going to work either. Are you having any similar feeings? it would be nice to know someone who is going through the same process and it looks like our RNY dates will be really close Friend Me!! :)
Sherrie P.
on 10/25/12 10:25 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Yeah, I feel ya. I have read and read and ready the RNY boards and really feel like having the malabsorption component is really going to help.  I have not been filled in 3 years I was having so many problems.  So I have been able to eat ;-)  I was very embarrassed by not losing weight with the band, but there were only a few people that knew.  Now everyone will know about the RNY so I will have some extra motivation to succeed.

I talked to my surgeon today and because I cannot take time off at Christmas with my work - I will be looking at next year.

Best of luck to you!!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?