Someone please remind what dumping syndrome feels like

gtayl006
on 10/26/12 1:34 pm

The last few weeks I have been eating really well and not having any issues with food, but a few times I will eat something and I will feel a little queezy. My heart starts to race in about 30minutes-1 hour I have stomach cramps and then get diarhea...is this dumping?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/26/12 1:53 pm, edited 10/26/12 8:52 pm - OH
Early dumping usually involves increased heart rate, dizziness/lightheadedness, flushing, nausea, a general feeling of being very ill, often includes abdominal cramping, and sometimes includes diarrhea. Some people have more symptoms than others and sometimes how many symptoms depends on the specific food involved.

So it does sound like dumping symptoms, but the odd thing about what you are describing, though, is the timing. Early dumping usually happens more quickly than 30-60 minutes after eating (usually after 15-30 minutes) but late dumping usually happens later than 30-60 minutes (usually 1.5-3 hours afterward).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

gtayl006
on 10/27/12 2:37 pm

Thanks Lora I appreciate the information. Funny how easily we forget the things we learned pre-op.

Genevieve

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/27/12 2:40 pm - OH
That's because there is SO MUCH to learn!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Susan2012
on 10/27/12 11:54 am
Hi, I was wondering what happened to you. I know you we're sick but I hope your ok now.
I also have that same kind of dumping but mostly just my heart races and I feel queasy.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 310 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 499 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 566 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 557 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 286 views
Recent Topics