Thank Goodness... I have a date and a plan!! But they want an EGD...how is it?

Sherrie P.
on 11/1/12 11:59 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Thank you for all the advice about when to get the surgery. 

It became a moot point trying to do it before Christmas when my company asked me not to take the time during busy season. They said that if I had no choice it would be "fine", but I know exactly where they were coming from.  My deductible is July-July, so it wasn't a money issue either. So, since I am going on Vacation in January.. that meant February.  I am excited. It was officially submitted and approved by BCBS.  Whew.  I FINALLY feel like I can plan and be happy and relax.

I have to shed a few pounds by then.  Gotta keep it in check at the holidays!

So, I have never had an EGD... what goes on with that???

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Steve D.
on 11/1/12 12:16 pm - MI
RNY on 11/05/12

Nothing to it, you go in, they start an IV take you to the surgery area, put a bite guard in your mouth, put you to sleep while they put a camera down your throat into your stomach to look around. You wake up after little more than 10 minutes on the way back to the recovery area. They give you something to drink and once they feel you are up to, it release you.

I justt had my second one, they found ulcers the first time, all clear now.

HW: 380 lbs

1st Consult Wt. 325 lbs

SW: 293 lbs

lisa8743
on 11/1/12 12:27 pm - MD
Yeppers a breeze, but also had 2 cuz they found ulcers, no biggie tough.....the worst part for me was on my repeat EGD they put the bite block in and they said i yawned and then totally bit thru my bottom lip, and woke up to them yelling at me to hold the towel on my mouth to stop the bleeding....LOL
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. Oprah.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/1/12 1:55 pm - OH
Yep, nothing to it. Your throat might be a tad scratchy afterward, but that's about it. You will be given sedation and likely won't even remember it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sherrie P.
on 11/1/12 9:16 pm
RNY on 02/06/13
Y'all are the best!i feel less nervous now

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Poppygail
on 11/1/12 10:48 pm - Florence, KY
RNY on 03/06/13

I agree with all the others, absolutely nothing to it. I have one once a year because I have Barrett's Esophagus. I look forward to it because I get a good day's sleep. Don't sweat it and congrats on your surgery date!

acochran
on 11/2/12 12:15 am - GA

You get great lala medicine and then you wake up and it is all over !

Most Active
Recent Topics