The dreaded day after...

Gizzys
on 11/1/12 12:37 am - Canada

OMG, the candy that's in the house!!!!!!  My motto is to just not have the stuff in the house thus less temptation.  The kids won't give it up.  I won't allow them to store it all in their bedrooms as they'll gorge for the next two weeks and I will be cleaning up wrappers forever.  So it sits in my sightline.  I don't dump on sugar...a blessing and a curse.  What to do!!!!!??

There are a few dentists in town who will take the candy and pay the kid $1 per pound.  They then send care packages to soldiers overseas.  I am going to ask the kids to pick out 25 pieces of candy to keep and give up the rest.  Heck, we'll double...no triple...the amount of money they get from the dentist.  Ugh....  So hard!  I had 3 little chocolate bars yesterday and was eyeing up the bags again this morning.  Good lord, it needs to leave the premises! 

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Gilly68
on 11/1/12 12:40 am - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

OH NO!! Get it OUT!! LOL!! Good luck!

MrsLitch
on 11/1/12 12:49 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

How about locking it in the trunk of your car or somewhere that isn't as convenient to get to. Maybe if you can't see it and it's work to get it, it will help you to stay away from it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Lindah55
on 11/1/12 1:01 am - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

OH NO! You my sympathies. I have some leftovers its not too bad for me. But this is the beginning of the holiday and candy season. Best to nip it in the bud. Purge your house. I know that is hard with kids. Good luck.  

alwaysbrandi
on 11/1/12 1:08 am - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
I haven't found out if I dump on sugar yet. I have had dumping like symptoms from too much fat, and am definitely lactose intolerant. Sugar alcohols make me very nauseous and gassy. I had a small bite of birthday cake with frosting (think the tip of my finger) and it didn't bother me. I gave away all our candy to the neighbor kids once the trick or treaters left and have no kids at home so I'm pretending Halloween didn't happen.

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

Candy V.
on 11/1/12 2:56 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I have the same issue IT IS HERE OMG,  I havent eaten any, I am afraid to dump, but as I sit in the living room with my laptop, I can see peanut butter cup minis sitting on the coffee table.  One of my kids is in trouble.  They are teens, all I ask is to keep it out of my view!!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Megan K.
on 11/1/12 4:06 am
RNY on 02/18/13

My husband (bless him) took it and hid it from the kids AND ME.  This way I don't know where it is and it is out of sight.  Otherwise I would grab "just a piece" just about every time I pass by.  And when the kids get their "reward" he magically makes it reappear.  I'm a mean mom, they only get a few pieces each night and one small piece in their lunch sacks.

Day_dream_believer
on 11/1/12 5:50 am

Put it in a container with a lid and place it in a place you don't see often.  When the candy is sitting in bags on the counter it is too easy to grab a piece.  There is a lot to be said for out of sight out of mind.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 511 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics