First 2 weeks. Puréed food????

mnknoyes
on 11/2/12 2:28 am - Claremont, CA
RNY on 10/30/12 with

Hi everyone, I had surgery on October 30th and came home yesterday. Can you guys give me any ideas of what puréed foods worked for you?  

Thanks

poet_kelly
on 11/2/12 2:47 am - OH

Mashed potatoes, unsweetened applesauce, refried beans, ricotta cheese, Greek yogurt.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mnknoyes
on 11/2/12 2:51 am - Claremont, CA
RNY on 10/30/12 with

Thank you Kelly!

melaniepl
on 11/2/12 3:03 am - St. Petersburg, FL
RNY on 09/05/12

refried beans with a little hot sauce, really well mixed tuna with a little mayo, protein pudding (mix protein powder with skim milk and mix that with sugar free / fat free instant pudding mix), pureed chili, and a very soft scrambled egg were my go-to meals at the pureed stage.

"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." - Nora Ephron

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

bonniebee
on 11/2/12 3:17 am - Franklin, NC

Hi!  I'm in the pureed food stage, also.  I had surgery on Oct. 16.  I know some people gag at the thought, but I like the Gerber Chicken Sticks.  They are like vienna sausages to me.  The jar hold seven sticks, which is 2.5 ounces and is 10 grams of proten.  I have also had Swanson canned chicken, mixed with a tiny amount of fat free mayo and a little pickle juice  to = chicken salad.  A 2 ounce can is perfect. Canned tuna to make tuna salad is good, too.  I also like a poached egg. I haven't tried ff refried beans yet, but that sounds good.  I need to try the pudding made with skim milk and protein powder.  I am having a hard time getting my protein supplement in.  I am supposed to have a protein shake for lunch everyday, but it taste terrible to me know that I've had surgery.  (I wrote a post about that and suggested ideas for a different powder than I have been using (Unjury)).  Good luck!!

Robin R.
on 11/2/12 4:09 am - PA
RNY on 10/12/12

cooked chicken or beef in a blender with 2 spoonfuls of ricotta cheese and pizza sauce as the base. microwave with shredded cheese on top. if you use chicken it tastes like chicken parmesan and if you use beef it tastes like pizza.

AlohaJen
on 11/2/12 4:50 am
RNY on 09/05/12

I liked Campbell's Chicken and Stars and would just blend a little in my Magic Bullet.  ALso, go on the site: Theworldaccordingtoeggface.com, she is a weight loss surgery patient from a long time ago and has the best italian recipe... it's like lasagna without the noodles.... that saved my life during that stage.... Good luck !

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

MrsLitch
on 11/2/12 12:09 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

my doc has a strict diet of meat cheese and eggs only at that stage so I ate a lot of pureed chicken and garlic steak. I tried other things but bleh none of them set well with pouchy

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 550 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 533 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 237 views
Recent Topics